2021/22 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
So now it's just for him to train well and for Benitez to use him. We have one of the best creative players in the league who also happens to still be probably our best finisher at the club (i.e. in terms of the types of goals he scores – nobody else in our squad has the ability to score the goals he did v Utd, Palace, Leicester last season), to call upon as and when needed.
Other attackers will be absolutely buzzing he is still here, I am sure.
...defenders and midfielders not so much.

He has no pace and he does nothing off the ball, two massive differences between a real superstar like De Bruyne and a player like James.

There's some amount of ludicrous chat about what this feller hands us. Six goals and 5 assists in a season we finished 10th in. That's it.

Good old Iwobi and Towensend can do loads of the ball and can hit a corner flag fast enough mate, neither have majic in their boots & still id have Jamo in my five aside team mate, magic in his boots in spades. Jamo can dictate and change a game, speed it up & slow it down, hes a maker of space and time, he can cut it open in addition to all the other attributes, he's simply special.

I dont think even think the beef is as polarised as people are making out between player and manager, as far as i can see hes involved, hes played in preseason. The topic has become a strange Trojan Horse, in regard to the manager and whether your in or out.

Sadly if we cant find a place for a player of his quality and maverick ability we're lost as a club - there should always be a place for mavericks of his talent at Everton.

I honestly think if you dont enjoy watching Jamo play, then football isnt a sport you are ever going to enjoy.

Last edited:
Good old Iwobi and Towensend can do loads of the ball and can hit a corner flag fast enough mate, bneiter have majic in their boots & still have Jamo in my five aside mate, magic in his boots in spades. Jamo can dictate and change a game, speed it up & slow it down, hes a maker of space and time, he can cut it open in addition to all the other attributes, he's simply special.

I dont think even think the beef is as polarised as people are making out between player and manager, as far as i can see hes involved, hes played in preseason. The topic has become a strange Trojan Horse, in regard to the manager and whether your in or out.

I honestly think if you dont enjoy watching Jamo play, then football isnt a sport you are ever going to enjoy.
Anyone who disagrees with this clearly does not understand football, mate. ?

Some will be happy to confirm this using posts on social media.

I'm not saying he loves the club like it's his second home or whatever.

But if it was all about money for him, as some have claimed, he'd be off playing in the middle east or Turkey now, with Everton covering half of his wages so he isn't losing out at all.

Of course it's not just about the money. Maybe it's about his ego – he probably knows trying to play consistently in the PL is better than swanning off to Turkey. And I think he'll want to tick off Italy next year either in January or when his contract runs out.

So now it's just for him to train well and for Benitez to use him. We have one of the best creative players in the league who also happens to still be probably our best finisher at the club (i.e. in terms of the types of goals he scores – nobody else in our squad has the ability to score the goals he did v Utd, Palace, Leicester last season), to call upon as and when needed.

Other attackers will be absolutely buzzing he is still here, I am sure.
Agreed, Dom / Rondon must be happy how the window went. Richarlison /Gray on the left, James / Townsend on the right..We finally have both sides with pace and or killer passes / crosses. Up top we seem pretty balanced. It will be more exciting to go to Goodison this season, that's for sure.

James to come on for the last 20 minutes against Burnley, do a couple of spectacular passes and score a James style goal and then become everyone's favourite little magician once again. You heard it here first and all that.

Probably wont even get a game now i said that. lol

Come on Jamesy lad, UTFT's. ;)

Oh Dave. First goal he scores he will whip off his top to reveal a t-shirt with a picture of a sour faced orange cat.
James will be having this for breakfast very soon.

1631270464929.png

Anyone know how many more games he needs to play to automatically trigger a 3rd year?

Maybe it's the club telling Benitez to use him scarcely.

James 100% doesn’t want the 3rd year triggering either. Mental that people actually think he wants to be here.
Not sure it's as simple as that.

He may want a more prestigious club playing better football, but if they aren't interested, then what are his alternatives? Clubs that pay as much as we do? There aren't many of those that aren't covered by that first group.

As the transfer window showed, they aren't queueing up. We didn't stand in the way of him moving on, and he didn't move on.

Not sure it's as simple as that.

He may want a more prestigious club playing better football, but if they aren't interested, then what are his alternatives? Clubs that pay as much as we do? There aren't many of those that aren't covered by that first group.

As the transfer window showed, they aren't queueing up. We didn't stand in the way of him moving on, and he didn't move on.
You can tell from the pictures and footage at training that we have assembled a band of brothers. They love training and playing together and none of them want to leave. Just look at Besic, Tosun, and the likes. Everton FC is as close to paradise as you'll find on planet earth.

Status
Not open for further replies.