2021/22 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
….I suggested in the summer that there mightn’t be many takers and he might chose to stay.

Now he’s here, I hope Benitez utilises his undoubted talent for the good of the team. That might not necessarily be as a starter when everybody is fit, but he can help the cause.
If James is up for it...and Benitez sees it in training, James has to play a part in this season, We all know he's terrific on the ball but this is a team game and every player has to be on the same page regardless of name.
James not getting a move, being told he has to play to get in his national team, Could actually be a great position for Everton to be in this season.
I'm quite excited

It's up to the manager if he plays. If he says no, I support that.

I really do get you want to support the manager, but there is no logical reason he wouldn't be involved if fit.

That would be purely down to rafas ego. It's a fact Rodriguez brings something to this squad, I just cannot comprehend how you and other posters are happy to say he shouldn't be involved when we have had either Townsend or iwobi start every game.

I get we've won a few games, wait till that first loss comes in and you'll all be crying out got a bit of magic once them two cloggers do nothing.

I really do get you want to support the manager, but there is no logical reason he wouldn't be involved if fit.

That would be purely down to rafas ego. It's a fact Rodriguez brings something to this squad, I just cannot comprehend how you and other posters are happy to say he shouldn't be involved when we have had either Townsend or iwobi start every game.

I get we've won a few games, wait till that first loss comes in and you'll all be crying out got a bit of magic once them two cloggers do nothing.
Ask his national team manager how essential he is.

Ask his national team manager how essential he is.

I said in the Benitez thread yesterday its funny how Benitez, Zidane & Colombias manager have all scrapped James yet apparently its never James' fault and Benitez is the one to blame.

Convenient stance for the Kult to take in their persistent attack on our manager.

I said in the Benitez thread yesterday its funny how Benitez, Zidane & Colombias manager have all scrapped James yet apparently its never James' fault and Benitez is the one to blame.

Convenient stance for the Kult to take in their persistent attack on our manager.
The only manager who can tolerate him is Ancelotti...and he never gave any serious consideration to bringing him with him to Madrid either.

He's a mis-fit.

If James is up for it...and Benitez sees it in training, James has to play a part in this season, We all know he's terrific on the ball but this is a team game and every player has to be on the same page regardless of name.
James not getting a move, being told he has to play to get in his national team, Could actually be a great position for Everton to be in this season.
I'm quite excited

I'm not saying he loves the club like it's his second home or whatever.

But if it was all about money for him, as some have claimed, he'd be off playing in the middle east or Turkey now, with Everton covering half of his wages so he isn't losing out at all.

Of course it's not just about the money. Maybe it's about his ego – he probably knows trying to play consistently in the PL is better than swanning off to Turkey. And I think he'll want to tick off Italy next year either in January or when his contract runs out.

So now it's just for him to train well and for Benitez to use him. We have one of the best creative players in the league who also happens to still be probably our best finisher at the club (i.e. in terms of the types of goals he scores – nobody else in our squad has the ability to score the goals he did v Utd, Palace, Leicester last season), to call upon as and when needed.

Other attackers will be absolutely buzzing he is still here, I am sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.