2021/22 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha Ha Ha.

He mentioned "intensity" half a dozen times and that the player needs to prove himself.

Benitez stepped up there today and utterly launched that player out of the stadium...even reminding everyone the UAE transfer window remains open for him.

It was masterful in it's quiet assuredness. He's in charge and James is dog excrement on his shoes.

Ooooof!!!
Spot on Dave. Even in a press interview about our next game all the manager could talk about or make obvious reference to was James. I think he might be having a nervous breakdown as he seems obsessed.

yes, that's why there was such a stampede for him over the summer.
This is a fair comment. At the end of the day come January there will not be anyone interested in buying Rodriguez. Why would they? His contract expires June 2022 I believe so anyone interested will wait, but having said that will they be interested anyway given the track record of Rodriguez whether it is fact or fiction ....not sure o_O

Benitez was pointed in that press conferernce about James needing to prove himself to him AND the team.

I think that underlines there's some player resisteance to James simply waltzing back into a match day squad.
Spot on Dave. We have an important game coming up and the manager is obsessing about James. Let's hope Brands tells him to wind it in and focus upon the opposition.

...also: wtf is he even mentioning all this on social media for?

How hard is it to just STFU and get your head down? If he wants to chat rubbish about private jets and holidays and south american soap opera stars let him do that. Just leave Everton out if he's just speculating about what the club's plans are for him.

The club should insist on him not mentioning Everton apart from 'good win' 'well done lads' etc.
Dave, a gentle request. Can you please stop talking about private jets and holidays and South American soap opera stars.

James answered this way because he believes if he doesn't, Benitez will trash his fitness no matter what shape he is in. There is 0 trust between them and this is the same dynamic from six years ago.

This is James pre-empting (or trying) Benitez's predictably blaming him when results don't go his way. That's how this all started, James was returning from injury and Benitez slow walked putting him back in, Rafael's Madrid started tanking (for a variety of reasons) and when challenged by the press why his team was so crap, Rafael said it was because James wasnt as match fit... James felt attacked so he went home, played the game of his life for Colombia and said after the match that he felt perfectly match fit and ready to play...(it was framed by the Spanish press as James calling out Benitez for blaming others rather than taking responsibility for his team's performance.)

They have hated each other ever since.
It's terrible to watch mate, isn't it! Madrid mark 2 :(

Can't wait to see two goalies on the bench cone Monday - I'd be very shocked if Benitez selects James after the character assassination he carried out in the presser today.

Might not get two keepers actually, since we've signed Benitezs favourite South American, wrongun, whose been dosing it in China for a while and had no preseason to speak of, so fitness may be questionable, but I'm sure he will come off the bench as fitness don't matter if your face fits with good old Benni the tez.

I don't really see the harm in James saying he is fit and training - the mistake was letting himself get photographed in Ibiza.

Agree with your sentiment though - people see and forget what they want.
Why was that a mistake?

He was on holiday, given time off like all the players were. Our manager gave him time off, just like the rest of them.

There's no harm in James saying he's fit and ready. I meant his comments earlier in the summer ;)

Can't wait to see two goalies on the bench cone Monday - I'd be very shocked if Benitez selects James after the character assassination he carried out in the presser today.

Might not get two keepers actually, since we've signed Benitezs favourite South American, wrongun, whose been dosing it in China for a while and had no preseason to speak of, so fitness may be questionable, but I'm sure he will come off the bench as fitness don't matter if your face fits with good old Benni the tez.

Not sure I'd go as far as to call it a character assassination. James does need to work hard.

It's the sooper bloo group think now that he's lazy though. Even though he isn't actually lazy, he's just very slow so, defensively against quick players, that can prove an issue.

People can't help not being quick or even having defensive awareness. The fact is he's as good as he is because attacking wise he has awareness that not many other players do.

Not that James is on the same level, honestly, but I honestly sometimes think Messi would never have lasted had he come through at Everton. I honestly mean that. The Park End would have seen to that in no time.

Status
Not open for further replies.