2021/22 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is quite correct but we expect him to play a darn good number of games not 1 in 3, it is attendances and his contribution to winning that we want to see.

We signed James knowing full well his limitations. We were never getting 30 games out of him when he was starting any time he was fit.

That was because Ancelotti based our entire creativity around him. But now that isn't the case. So while in an ideal world we'd be paying someone that much to start every game, he's here and, because of the manager we now have, he won't start every game. He will, however, be a very, very good rotation option to start some games and come on in some games.

Yes, in an ideal world we'd have got his full wages clear and a replacement in. But we didn't. So he's here so we just have to use him basically like a specials teams player. Which, tbh, is probably the role his body is now best suited to.

We have to - as a fanbase - start getting away from this complete weird obsession we have with a starting XI.

For one, our first-choice XI is likely never always going to be fully fit for more than 2-3 games, and secondly, it's a squad game.

I'd back our first-choice XI to beat a lot of teams in this league and compete with every one bar maybe 2-3.

However, our squad still lacks depth in some key areas. Having James in it improves the squad.

Ha Ha Ha.

He mentioned "intensity" half a dozen times and that the player needs to prove himself.

Benitez stepped up there today and utterly launched that player out of the stadium...even reminding everyone the UAE transfer window remains open for him.

It was masterful in it's quiet assuredness. He's in charge and James is dog excrement on his shoes.

Ooooof!!!

You're very strange David.

I agree, and I think it has more to do with the club not wanting him here. But, maybe he also told them after the Ancelotti debacle that he wished to move on. I guess we will never know the true facts behind all of this, which is something we all need to acknowledge, no matter what side of the aisle people fall on. You are right though, we need to make the best of the situation we are in.
100% this is what happened mate.Throw in Benitez not seeing him as key and there we go. But he didn't go, so he'll be used.

Interesting that the manager identified James's poor attitude on social media.

Maybe that'll change the mind of some about just how much his comments have stung the club?

We signed James knowing full well his limitations. We were never getting 30 games out of him when he was starting any time he was fit.

That was because Ancelotti based our entire creativity around him. But now that isn't the case. So while in an ideal world we'd be paying someone that much to start every game, he's here and, because of the manager we now have, he won't start every game. He will, however, be a very, very good rotation option to start some games and come on in some games.

Yes, in an ideal world we'd have got his full wages clear and a replacement in. But we didn't. So he's here so we just have to use him basically like a specials teams player. Which, tbh, is probably the role his body is now best suited to.

We have to - as a fanbase - start getting away from this complete weird obsession we have with a starting XI.

For one, our first-choice XI is likely never always going to be fully fit for more than 2-3 games, and secondly, it's a squad game.

I'd back our first-choice XI to beat a lot of teams in this league and compete with every one bar maybe 2-3.

However, our squad still lacks depth in some key areas. Having James in it improves the squad.

Yeah having James as an option to deploy as and when we need makes the squad stronger

He's got to do his part in making that happen of course

This isn't a one way street in either direction, both men need to be adults and work something out, at least up until January

Status
Not open for further replies.