2021/22 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Full quotes

...also: wtf is he even mentioning all this on social media for?

How hard is it to just STFU and get your head down? If he wants to chat rubbish about private jets and holidays and south american soap opera stars let him do that. Just leave Everton out if he's just speculating about what the club's plans are for him.

The club should insist on him not mentioning Everton apart from 'good win' 'well done lads' etc.

He mightn’t make the squad

I don't think he will on Monday tbh. He should do, but I don't think he will.

And that will be on Benitez, because he'll 100% put Rondon in, who's had no pre-season and hasn't played either. So it'll be nothing to do with 'match fitness'

It's alright though, he's bought a blue car...

(I do think he'll be in the squad v Villa and play v QPR, though)

How hard is it to just STFU and get your head down? If he wants to chat rubbish about private jets and holidays and south american soap opera stars let him do that. Just leave Everton out if he's just speculating about what the club's plans are for him.

The club should insist on him not mentioning Everton apart from 'good win' 'well done lads' etc.

Oh ffs Dave quit your whining.

He was asked about Everton and said he's working hard and ready to play if needed

What's wrong with that?

If he'd have been asked about Everton and just talked about his holiday, you'd have been having a go at him for that.

He was asked about Everton and said he's working hard and ready to play if needed

What's wrong with that?

If he'd have been asked about Everton and just talked about his holiday, you'd have been having a go at him for that.
He determines what he answers. Straight bat leads to no misinterpretation.

"If they want me..."

It's not on. No wonder Benitez cant 'kin stick him.

He determines what he answers. Straight bat leads to no misinterpretation.

"If they want me..."

It's not on. No wonder Benitez cant 'kin stick him.

Benitez could have straight batted the presser questions but went into detail - and I'm glad he did.

He basically just said if they want me to play I'm ready to play.

That's it.

There's nothing wrong with what either Benitez or James said today

Benitez could have straight batted the presser questions but went into detail - and I'm glad he did.

That's it.

James answered this way because he believes if he doesn't, Benitez will trash his fitness no matter what shape he is in. There is 0 trust between them and this is the same dynamic from six years ago.

This is James pre-empting (or trying) Benitez's predictably blaming him when results don't go his way. That's how this all started, James was returning from injury and Benitez slow walked putting him back in, Rafael's Madrid started tanking (for a variety of reasons) and when challenged by the press why his team was so crap, Rafael said it was because James wasnt as match fit... James felt attacked so he went home, played the game of his life for Colombia and said after the match that he felt perfectly match fit and ready to play...(it was framed by the Spanish press as James calling out Benitez for blaming others rather than taking responsibility for his team's performance.)

They have hated each other ever since.

James answered this way because he believes if he doesn't, Benitez will trash his fitness no matter what shape he is in. There is 0 trust between them and this is the same dynamic from six years ago.

This is James pre-empting (or trying) Benitez's predictably blaming him when results don't go his way. That's how this all started, James was returning from injury and Benitez slow walked putting him back in, Rafael's Madrid started tanking (for a variety of reasons) and when challenged by the press why his team was so crap, Rafael said it was because James wasnt as match fit... James felt attacked so he went home, played the game of his life for Colombia and said after the match that he felt perfectly match fit and ready to play...(it was framed by the Spanish press as James calling out Benitez for blaming others rather than taking responsibility for his team's performance.)

They have hated each other ever since.
Both of them need to get over it for the good of the club.

I think they will, because both know it's not permanent and it benefits nobody if they don't.

I also just think it was a bit of PR from James tbh. He knows he cocked up a bit, so he made a point of saying he's ready and wanting to play. What I have had issue with is some Evertonians insisting it was just James wanting out. Benitez made it clear as day earlier that the club were doing just as much pushing (if not moreso)

Anyway, here now, so as the Beatles once said, "we can work it out"

He mightn’t make the squad
If he doesn't. it's because we've not picked 25 players. Why would the manager do that?
As far as I can tell we have the following players registered at the club who are aged over 21 and would need to be included in the 25 man squad to play in the premier league

Pickford
Begovic
Lonergan
Coleman
Kenny
Mina
Godfrey
Keane
Holgate
Digne
Allan
Doucoure
Gbamin
Gomes
Davies
Delph
Sigurdsson
James
Townsend
Gray
Iwobi
Richarlison
Calvert-Lewin
Rondon
Tosun

I don't think I've missed anybody out. So that's a total of 25. Branthwaite and Gordon are the 2 under age players that make up the group.

Both of them need to get over it for the good of the club.

I think they will, because both know it's not permanent and it benefits nobody if they don't.

I also just think it was a bit of PR from James tbh. He knows he cocked up a bit, so he made a point of saying he's ready and wanting to play. What I have had issue with is some Evertonians insisting it was just James wanting out. Benitez made it clear as day earlier that the club were doing just as much pushing (if not moreso)

Anyway, here now, so as the Beatles once said, "we can work it out"

I don't really see the harm in James saying he is fit and training - the mistake was letting himself get photographed in Ibiza.

Agree with your sentiment though - people see and forget what they want.

That's it.

Just ignore him BT.

If people stop reacting to his nonsense he'll take it to another thread. You know the score. ;)

I took it that James wants to leave, but that isn't an option until January, so he has to work with the team and put the team first until January and if he impresses in games, then he will get his move.
Thanks, Theon. I saw from Benitez press interview today that he is reading Everton FC social media. I think I can say with confidence that he will be very happy with you pushing his PR messages. The big worry for us all is if his ego gets in the way of logical thinking that he'll be gone again in four months or so like at Madrid and we'll have to go back in for someone like Ancelotti. :(

You see points like this concern me and i don't identify with them.

I worry about the fans perceptions of football and particularly what Sky has done to the beautiful game. Its not about winning, yes its nice. Its about more, why do you support the club? Its about belonging, its about identity, its about values, a shared history, its about integrity, its about when things are good or bad you are present and there - you are unwavering, its about being a part of something bigger then yourself representatively yet you are part of it as a one, its part or your own identity, its a culture. Winning or loosing in a lot of ways, are just high and low points of that journey.

Its why i dont want this manger, i dont even think hes a bad manager, its because i dont think he represents, the culture, values, dignity or integrity and all the things i mention, that Everton football club have historically represented or identified with and he never will.

Its like Klopp, hes a great manager, would i want him here, no way - hes an awful sports person and lacks integrity, dignity and humility, hes not us the same way this current manager is not us.
I think that we all have to agree with this mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.