2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
A world renowned talent who is at the wrong side of 30, barely ever fit and is at a midtable club.
Go through the whole team and ask yourself for each and every player.

Is the team better with him in it ?

James tops that list ...by a distance.
But lets get shut of 1 of our only 4/5 good players.

Makes the team better that eh ?

Btw
I dont know if Dross & Demerera are squad fillers.
Oh but they run more tho.

Not you personally mate the cult waiting to jump on the manager for anything and everything.

We have one of the most unprofessional and lazy squads around. Who's arsed if any of them go bar someone like Richarlison/Godfrey?

The squad needs to be rebuilt on solid foundations of blood, sweat and tears - if James doesn't fit in that then he's out - same the likes of Gomes and Delph as soon as someone is daft enough to want them.
I confess I am regularly confused by your use of the word 'cult' to describe the anti-Benitez people on here, especially as that name is most often used to describe the 'cult' from whence Benitez himself came. It is also only one letter away from a more common unpleasantry which I am sure you would not aim at your fellow Evertonians who might disagree with your assessment of the FSW. It would be nice if we could keep the 'cult' word for those across the park rather then use it derogatorily to refer to those who don't happen to share your opinion.
Please...

Probably did.
Doesnt mean they where good.
Were.

And as the saying goes, if talent doesn’t work hard, hard work will beat talent. Rodriguez for me last season didn’t work hard enough in quite a few games, at home to Sheff Utd in particular.
I’m not doubting his talent by the way.

Last edited:

James isn't an all round player but his ability and what he delivers I think justifies him staying and having a place. He's a great footballer and if he is being pushed out of the club I'm not sure I can understand the reasoning.

Im not made up if he goes I just wont be arsed or certainly won't be blaming the manager.

We need to press the reset button at the club and rebuild the squad from top to bottom including balancing the books as the wages are obscene for what certain players are offering us.

The fanbase has developed stockholm syndrome in recent years and Ancelotti/James was that brief "hope" of an instant fix. We need to move on and start building for the future like how Leicester, Villa etc are starting to do and bring in hungry, fit, pacey players who will be putting 100% in every week.
We do need to change our approach. Big money for players approaching 30 is just not sensible. We do need to be concentrating more on the younger end of the market.

Status
Not open for further replies.