2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if we don’t want to, we can all see the logic in this. If a club like Everton are going to pay a guy this kind of salary then we would want to be building the team around him. This is not possible with a player that plays only half of the season, if that.

Sadly this is true…..

I don't think James ever was deemed a pace merchant but I do think that his speed of thought makes up for that perceived deficit. Im an old school Blue who loves seeing him in the team with the prospect of him making sublime passes that other players never would... even if they could. Im not interested in his defensive ability to be honest.....and I'm also sick of journeymen players wearing the shirt as well. Regarding his wages, Ive said recently on here that hes on £90k a week ....whilst Mr Dependability Fabian Delph is on £80k. Remains to seen what if etc regards whether he wants to stay....and whether the management wants him to stay.

While I agree with you in that I love seeing class players who can do things others can’t and I’m not bothered in the least about salary nor his defensive qualities, unfortunately he misses too many games….

Even if we don’t want to, we can all see the logic in this. If a club like Everton are going to pay a guy this kind of salary then we would want to be building the team around him. This is not possible with a player that plays only half of the season, if that.
23 league games he played last season with a 35% win rate.

In the 15 league without him our win rate was 60%.

Good player. Yes.
Match winner. Yes
Team player. Unfortunately No.

State of this.

Only an idiot would be "made up" in this scenario.
Under any circumstances.

Im not made up if he goes I just wont be arsed or certainly won't be blaming the manager.

We need to press the reset button at the club and rebuild the squad from top to bottom including balancing the books as the wages are obscene for what certain players are offering us.

The fanbase has developed stockholm syndrome in recent years and Ancelotti/James was that brief "hope" of an instant fix. We need to move on and start building for the future like how Leicester, Villa etc are starting to do and bring in hungry, fit, pacey players who will be putting 100% in every week.

While I agree with you in that I love seeing class players who can do things others can’t and I’m not bothered in the least about salary nor his defensive qualities, unfortunately he misses too many games….

Played more minutes for us last season than he has in 4/8 of his last seasons, Pete.

The actual solution is not be totally reliant on him to create for us and have a few different ways of attacking.

Not just one way that is either all about width or all about James. Needs to be a balance and a mix.

I refer to this Spotrac grid usually re club wages.

2021-07-31 (2).png

Even if he's on 140k he is world class, our only creative midfielder and 4th most followed active footballer on social media after CR, Messi and Neymar.
Give James #10 and a new contract

It's so obvious, yet Brands and Moshiri are on to their next cunning plan... they'll build the team around Player-Manager Rooney next season probably

Im not made up if he goes I just wont be arsed or certainly won't be blaming the manager.

We need to press the reset button at the club and rebuild the squad from top to bottom including balancing the books as the wages are obscene for what certain players are offering us.

The fanbase has developed stockholm syndrome in recent years and Ancelotti/James was that brief "hope" of an instant fix. We need to move on and start building for the future like how Leicester, Villa etc are starting to do and bring in hungry, fit, pacey players who will be putting 100% in every week.
Youve been yapping about getting shut of James for a week now.

Just lets replace a World renowned talent and our best playmaker/ goalscorer with ....errrm ....Andros or Demerera Gray , cos der yung n hungry.
Surefire path to relegation that.

But Coutinho could do the same job eh.

Youve been yapping about getting shut of James for a week now.

Just lets replace a World renowned talent and our best playmaker/ goalscorer with ....errrm ....Andros or Demerera Gray , cos der yung n hungry.
Surefire path to relegation that.

But Coutinho could do the same job eh.

A world renowned talent who is at the wrong side of 30, barely ever fit and is at a midtable club.

Townsend and Gray are squad players replacing Benard & Walcott on lesser wages but you knew that...

23 league games he played last season with a 35% win rate.

In the 15 league without him our win rate was 60%.

Good player. Yes.
Match winner. Yes
Team player. Unfortunately No.
Couldn’t agree more with this

I personally don’t think it’s worth having a player that could do 1 ball when the rest of the 90 mins he doesn’t track tackle work on closing down the other team and most certainly wouldn’t put his body on the line for the team

I think we play better without him

if he was in the middle of the park this might change but I don’t think it would

I personally don’t think he will go as there doesn’t seem a raft of clubs lining up to pay him the wage he wants as well as a fee. Think he will play out his contract and sign for someone pre contract in Jan. what is debatable is whether this manager will use him. I have a feeling he won’t

Status
Not open for further replies.