2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really.

There's been talk for the last 6 weeks now from relatively reliable journos with club connections that the club would be open to offers.

Because they knew the score.

If it wasn't the case, nothing stopping Rodriguez going on Twitch before Benitez arrived or whatever and saying he was committed to staying.

He didn't.

Because they knew the score.

If it wasn't the case, nothing stopping Rodriguez going on Twitch before Benitez arrived or whatever and saying he was committed to staying.

He didn't.
Well he did actually say he was happy at Everton during his time in America (on holiday, not the tour).

I'm not siding with the club here Tubey because absolutely nothing they have done at the top level recently gives me any faith they have a clue.

I don't think Benitez has done anything like that to be honest. Like he's gone in and fired shots.

The club have deemed a few players they're willing to let go. But none of them have been put on the scrap heap

I think its a mix of James wants out now Carlo has gone & Benitez isn't sold on James from past experiences.

I dont think Brands/the club would have the guts to actively get rid of Rodriguez in all honesty mate.

If James goes the Anti Benitez crowd will be made up regardless of the reasons but the problem is they have set their stall out too early, blown their load prematurely, shown their hand too soon.

If the club does well this coming season and the squad put together has fight and togetherness then there will be a lot of people looking very stupid with the carry on made of recent weeks - they are back tracking over Demari Gray being the worst player in the world already after just 2 pre season games lol

What is this? Self-pity?

I know the rule is crap, but we know it's there and we've pushed it to the brink on crap, and crap brought in not just under Walsh and Koeman, btw.

We’ve put ourselves in that position by years of poor player recruitment; over paying, long contracts and high wages
The problem is FFP has left the club in the position of either gambling on a mid-range price signing whose had some buzz in the preceding years and may just be at the wrong club or an opportune situationat the time of signing i.e. Gomes, Mina, Iwobi, Gueye, Bernard, Rodriguez or playing moneyball with stat based signings i.e Klaasen, Sigurdsson, Richarlison when we do splurge.

This means gambling on talent rather than signing sure-fire hits for 50-70 million three times a window consistently over five years which would have seen us get a level of success that increases our profile and sponsorship revenue.

Blocking speculation in view of accumulation is absolutely anti-competitive and causing the club more financial troubles than splurging on world class talent consistently ever would.

The problem is FFP has left the club in the position of either gambling on a mid-range price signing whose had some buzz in the preceding years and may just be at the wrong club or an opportune situationat the time of signing i.e. Gomes, Mina, Iwobi, Gueye, Bernard, Rodriguez or playing moneyball with stat based signings i.e Klaasen, Sigurdsson, Richarlison when we do splurge.

This means gambling on talent rather than signing sure-fire hits for 50-70 million three times a window consistently over five years which would have seen us get a level of success that increases our profile and sponsorship revenue.

Blocking speculation in view of accumulation is absolutely anti-competitive and causing the club more financial troubles than splurging on world class talent consistently ever would.
FFP hasn’t done anything, we have.

FFP didn’t decide to give a second rate Spanish player £90k a week

No Sigurdsson and selling James, good job we have creative geniuses like Gomes and Delph to count on.

They'll be a replacement - with the chatter over Dumfries and McNeil/Bailey I imagine the club has 2-3 deals lined up and are waiting on a James/Kean going before being able to finalise said transfers.

Get him on the front foot and he’s worth his weight in gold. Look at the passes and goals from distance. If he was doing that at another club we’d be asking why we can’t or don’t go in for players like that.

The team needs to be better next season.
I loved watching him, great when we are going forward, terrible when we are under pressure. However, having Gbamin, Gray and Townsend available may make his game easier.

You on it GG?

Not that I'm aware of but YouTube must know something about me as I didn't even have to go looking for that...the follow-up video was on my front page, ironically. Must've been purely because of the view count because, going off my actual views, they should think I'm a drummer who loves watches, listens to a lot of music and recently started flying a DJI FPV drone.

They'll be a replacement - with the chatter over Dumfries and McNeil/Bailey I imagine the club has 2-3 deals lined up and are waiting on a James/Kean going before being able to finalise said transfers.
They probably have several deals in the offing waiting on a sale or two. Things may not fall into place until the end of the month though if at all. There will be more idle speculation for nothing over the next few weeks. It's the last 48 hours of the window when things might heat up.

Status
Not open for further replies.