2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
No it's not obvious. So don't be siding with the club out of blind faith.

James would probably happily go, he'd also probably happily stay. He's a professional footballer at the age of 30 playing in the Premier League on a good whack. He wants to play but his body can't get him through a full season.

It is much more likely the above is the case, so James, probably like Benitez, is indifferent.

The club will know that they can shift his wages easier than they can shift Gomes' wages, but that's everything that's wrong about it, because James offers more than Gomes, much more. Same goes for Delph, same goes for Iwobi. Etc etc. But those players are hard to shift, so we have to shift an easy player - who happens to be our best player.

If the club have said to James 'you can go if we get a decent bid', then he probably is miffed, because he'll know he's the best player at the club. And for us, it shows how we constantly, constantly get things wrong.

If James was on a four-year contract, I'd understand. But we'd save £5m, give or take, on wages for the one season he has left. What's the point? What is the point? Because his quality could easily be worth more than £5m over the course of the season - heck, that's the difference between finishing in 7th and 10th in prize money.
I think he's more demanding. He's a wonderful player, but he also has a history of wailing to the press when things aren't just so.

Easy to blame Rafael but in truth James was happy to travel out to florida all smiles to take part in the columbian fixture and make his brand some nice money, now thats over he's leaking that he's not wanted by the club.

We know he only came for Carlo and was probably leaving as soon as Ancelotti left for Madrid. Benitez style doesn't suit a luxury player in a free role that won't put a shift in and the club can't afford his wages sat on the bench.

The club will probably take a fee for him, he slightly raised our profile in South America and he probably wants to leave.

I'd love James to stay and boss the Premier but being realistic neither is very achievable in our situation. #COYB

Ps If you read this James I would love you to stay still ?

I just wonder where he could go to?

If it wasn't for CA he would not have even considered us.

He has already been at some of the biggest clubs and is unlikely to be going back to any of those.

Few enough clubs could afford him and he may not want to go to many of those.

I was concerned a few days back, when James didn't promote the new 3rd kit, but for now I'm still at the denial stage.

I'm trying to get in Rafael's mind and the only logical explanation I can find is that he likes to be hated
He's worshiped by the RS and we don't really care about him... "Hmm... I will apply for the Everton job" The easiest way to get hated by both sides
Even so, a big part of Evertonians are making huge effort to force themselfs if not to support him at least not to openly hate him... "Hmm, lets get rid of James, we have Iwobi"
What's next? DCL out, we have Tosun?

on what planet a "top" Young player would cost you only 20m? and by top player i mean TOP , not some unknown EPL young player who sucks . for that money you wont replace james. for that kind of money you would gamble and pray ... proven quality players are worth much , much more, remember iwobi XD?

No top young players will be joining us for 15-20 mill. We signed him on a two year deal with an option of a third.

we need to replace our garbage players with good ones, not sell our good ones and hope a new signing won’t be garbage.

I didnt mean that...see below:

What right player are you going to find for the same price tag we got James?

Everton do need to get rid of players who are on too much money.

There are four here: Fabian Delph, Andre Gomes, Alex Iwobi, Gylfi Sigurdsson (caveats for that last one).

Those four should all be shown the door before James is even being considered being unwanted. But that would rely on our DoF actually being able to get those players out of the door, which he's shown time and again over the last 3 years that he can't do.

No it's not obvious. So don't be siding with the club out of blind faith.

James would probably happily go, he'd also probably happily stay. He's a professional footballer at the age of 30 playing in the Premier League on a good whack. He wants to play but his body can't get him through a full season.

It is much more likely the above is the case, so James, probably like Benitez, is indifferent.

The club will know that they can shift his wages easier than they can shift Gomes' wages, but that's everything that's wrong about it, because James offers more than Gomes, much more. Same goes for Delph, same goes for Iwobi. Etc etc. But those players are hard to shift, so we have to shift an easy player - who happens to be our best player.

If the club have said to James 'you can go if we get a decent bid', then he probably is miffed, because he'll know he's the best player at the club. And for us, it shows how we constantly, constantly get things wrong.

If James was on a four-year contract, I'd understand. But we'd save £5m, give or take, on wages for the one season he has left. What's the point? What is the point? Because his quality could easily be worth more than £5m over the course of the season - heck, that's the difference between finishing in 7th and 10th in prize money.

I think the opposite @BlueToff if he was on a longer deal you keep him.

If James signed a 2 year deal with the 3rd year club option then we have him next season as well.

Then it makes sense to keep him at least for this season. Can always make a decision on him next summer and look for a transfer fee then.

If hes only here one more season and if the club are thinking of selling James for a fee and to save wages then they would have to sell Iwobi, Gomes, Delph and Sigurdsson as well for it to be palatable.

Three of those four players were signed by Brands and if he cant sell them he shouldnt be at the club. Not rewarded with 3 more years.

If selling James for £15-20mil enables us to sign a top young player then it does make sense. If the £15-20mil is the additional amount (on top of our budget) we need for us to sign say, Antony from Ajax at £30mil then its logical.

That makes sense to have Antony 5 years rather than James for only 1 year.

But not if we start the season with Gomes, Delph, Iwobi and Sigurdsson as midfield options in the squad...and not if we have a club option on james for a 2nd year.

Brands should be selling the rubbish players he signed and locking James down for 2 more seasons.

Easy to blame Rafael but in truth James was happy to travel out to florida all smiles to take part in the columbian fixture and make his brand some nice money, now thats over he's leaking that he's not wanted by the club.

We know he only came for Carlo and was probably leaving as soon as Ancelotti left for Madrid. Benitez style doesn't suit a luxury player in a free role that won't put a shift in and the club can't afford his wages sat on the bench.

The club will probably take a fee for him, he slightly raised our profile in South America and he probably wants to leave.

I'd love James to stay and boss the Premier but being realistic neither is very achievable in our situation. #COYB

Ps If you read this James I would love you to stay still ?

Spot on. Not even subtle.

I love the lad.

I would also love him to play in a full house at Goodison and get the love.

I would also love him to take a corner in front of the Park end at a crucial time, not clear the first defender and get booed.

Status
Not open for further replies.