2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Must be hugely difficult for him being so far apart from his kids.

Sometimes players are that good that they have to be treated differently to the rest.

Cantona, Okocha, Ronaldo, Best, Ozil.. All players who the manager would go easy on knowing that what they offer the team is something no one else can.

This guy is levels above and if we have to indulge him to get the best out of him so be it.
The likes of Coleman etc will know it benefits them as much as anyone as he will win them games.
The young lads won't care as he will earn them win bonuses.

Its only the fans who will be bothered about his work rate or so called lack of.

Hope he gets a full preseason in, the niggly injuries don't bite again and Benitez knows what he's got with James - a world class, game changing footballer.

Give him the 10 shirt and the armband.

You don't try to accommodate James - you build the team around him and accept his injuries if they come.

All this talk of him looking disinterested, norarsed, wanting away is absolute rubbish imo - I see him training hard, looking happy and wanting to do well for us.

Just one game in front of a full Goodison and I think he's hooked on us - please make it happen.

Lol are people upset that he didn’t run around in an exhibition match, ffs!
I remember one of his best games at the beginning of the season, either West Brom or Brighton I think, he had unreal stats but completed zero sprints.
Exhibition Match?

The FLORIDA CUP was at stake!

Inter and Arsenal hadn't turned up.

It was our best chance of winning some silverware in decades!!!

Hope he gets a full preseason in, the niggly injuries don't bite again and Benitez knows what he's got with James - a world class, game changing footballer.

You don't try to accommodate James - you build the team around him and accept his injuries if they come.

All this talk of him looking disinterested, norarsed, wanting away is absolute rubbish imo - I see him training hard, looking happy and wanting to do well for us.

Just one game in front of a full Goodison and I think he's hooked on us - please make it happen.
A romantic vision. You can't build a team nor give the armband to a player with his injury problems or lack of tackling ability. Great to have in the squad, though at what price I could not say, but a totally unreliable man to get on the field. He only counts if he is playing.

But he doesn't run, doesn't work for the team.
I think this is a bit of a myth.

He is not remotely fast but he does work for the team, he is always happy to take the ball and does indeed track back. He doesn't just stand there with his hands on his hips like some would have you believe.

If we are looking at him to be some kind of workhorse then we are not using him right.

I think this is a bit of a myth.

He is not remotely fast but he does work for the team, he is always happy to take the ball and does indeed track back. He doesn't just stand there with his hands on his hips like some would have you believe.

If we are looking at him to be some kind of workhorse then we are not using him right.
Most of the time I see him tracking back and getting stuck in I wish he would stand away with his hands on his hips because he’s rubbish at tackling and gives away free kicks but that’s absolutely not why you have him in the team.
It’s like getting mad at your CB for not scoring enough goals!

Most of the time I see him tracking back and getting stuck in I wish he would stand away with his hands on his hips because he’s rubbish at tackling and gives away free kicks but that’s absolutely not why you have him in the team.
It’s like getting mad at your CB for not scoring enough goals!

agree with both above, and i really hope Benitez is not hanging him out to dry or to sell by putting him into work and positions that dont suit him

….actually seems a really good bloke, lovely to see that clip.
Here is another one of him playing with his kids on the field after the end of the game. Like @jinkyali mentioned on a previous post, it must be hard for James, or many footballers, to be away from his kids so James certainly is making the most of his time with them even if it is at the end of a match.

Here is another one of him playing with his kids on the field after the end of the game. Like @jinkyali mentioned on a previous post, it must be hard for James, or many footballers, to be away from his kids so James certainly is making the most of his time with them even if it is at the end of a match.

….no better company than being with your kids & it seems Rodriguez thinks the same. Lovely.

Must be hugely difficult for him being so far apart from his kids.

Sometimes players are that good that they have to be treated differently to the rest.

Cantona, Okocha, Ronaldo, Best, Ozil.. All players who the manager would go easy on knowing that what they offer the team is something no one else can.

This guy is levels above and if we have to indulge him to get the best out of him so be it.
The likes of Coleman etc will know it benefits them as much as anyone as he will win them games.
The young lads won't care as he will earn them win bonuses.

Its only the fans who will be bothered about his work rate or so called lack of.
I agree with the concept. So far at least I’m not sure he has delivered enough. I think he is a lovely player to watch, he potentially put three match winning performances in, but that not enough

Put pace and runners all around him, LB, RB, runners from midfield and pacy wingers....Play him number 10, give him the number 10 shirt and tell him to get back in position when defending. Centrally he is less of a liability than on the right. Also, with an athlete like Dumfries at RB and a midfield 3 of Allan, Gbamin and Doucoure he could play off the right in a 4-3-3.
The best player I have seen in a blue shirt since a 16 year old Rooney, and we aren't doing EVERYTHING to make him happy and want to stay, absolutely bewilders me!

1.5 m likes!!! This man simply wearing an Everton shirt has made us a bigger brand globally than our billionaire owner, dof and countless managers have been able to do and still some fans want him to go to save wages. Give him an extended deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.