2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Instatok isn't for me, just a bunch of rich celebs flaunting their wealth and showing their boring posed private life. Don't both with it personally, I'd rather read a newspaper which is made out of a paper. A rarity these days!

James posts something on Instagram.

GET OUT OF MY CLUB, WE HAVE NOT BEEN AROUND FOR OVER 100 YEARS FOR THIS.

He's been fit to play at times this season but decided against playing.

'fatigue' 'felt a twinge warning up' 'his focus now is on Copa America' etc

As brilliant as he is when he plays, I'm not sure the manager and fans can universally condemn player attitude being a huge issue and then give our highest earner a free pass.

I think the players will give him a free pass IF he scores and assists more than he did this year. Otherwise they'll also lose interest in him and he'll be isolated. I'm sure Carlo and James know this, but if we've also bought him for the marketing, we're not doing a fantastic job in promoting his time with us yet. After hte big reveal in Colombia and Miami, I think we could have done more to promote him here, but then again he's not played enough! next year will be better i'm sure, and i wont be surprised if there's a mutual deal between him and Carlo that they 'look after each other'. He contributes to Everton, and Carlo looks after his fitness and his workload.

One of our Colombian buddies said when we signed him that hes both loved and hated, which sounds about right for a superstar footballer.

Beckham was Englands so called hero but half the country thought he was an absolute donut, same for Rooney. The bigger you are the more haters you get, I imagine this is the same in Colombia... especially when the national team is in bad form.
I don’t think many fans disliked Rooney as a footballer, because he was top notch on the field for Everton , first time round, and Man. Unt, after that his legs had gone, same as James after that World Cup when he came into prominence, I think he likes the good life more than football, and football has paid for that good life in the many years since that World Cup.I hope he doesn’t come back here, he’s taking the pxss out of the club and many fans, but some fans don’t mind him taking the pxss out them it seems.

He's been fit to play at times this season but decided against playing.

'fatigue' 'felt a twinge warning up' 'his focus now is on Copa America' etc

As brilliant as he is when he plays, I'm not sure the manager and fans can universally condemn player attitude being a huge issue and then give our highest earner a free pass.

Its definitely not an idea situation but we must way up the pros and cons of having him here and then make a decision.
I don't think his footballing ability was the only reason we signed him, im sure broadening the Everton brand globally was also in thinking which for sure helps when you have someone like James playing for you.
Yes he's mercenary but one that might be profitable in the bigger picture.

hes done well in patches but hes so easy to play against,
jj shelvey and jeff hendrick just booted him off the pitch and then he cba!
the timing of his private jet selfie is crazy didnt he realise his team mates are going into arguably the biggest game of the season or maybe he just doesnt care,its all for his colombian followers.
i partly blame carlo,he should have told him hes staying with the squad until after the city game,whether or not he can be bothered playing!

Status
Not open for further replies.