2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
The most underrated player in the premier league in my opinion. Some of his passes are just taken for granted by other fans and commentators but the reality is that I’m not seeing anyone else in the league play these types of balls with such frequency and accuracy. For a lot of this period he’s not even been fully fit either. World class player.

The most underrated player in the premier league in my opinion. Some of his passes are just taken for granted by other fans and commentators but the reality is that I’m not seeing anyone else in the league play these types of balls with such frequency and accuracy. For a lot of this period he’s not even been fully fit either. World class player.

James unfortunately falls on the human nature of stereotyping. We've been told enough times that he is lazy, doesn't defend, only was good in the wc, and is a diva and people believe it.

Even amongs Colombians they are licking are the chops to criticize him. Headline in a Colombian site after City loss "James comes in and immediately City scored"

Comments after the fake reports of him wanting to leave "If he won't even stay with his daddy (carlo) who babies him, he needs to retire and just dedicate himself to fuckery)

A friend of mine wrote about the same thing in a group chat "this f-ing clown wants to leave"

A different friend "james is not the best Colombian player of all time" I ask ok bud, so who is? " idk but it CAN'T be him".

I know James isn't perfect and he has sewn a lot of this narrative himself, but man. Never seen a player with so many stereotypes and false narratives. Especially a dude that has never had real issues on or off the field.

James unfortunately falls on the human nature of stereotyping. We've been told enough times that he is lazy, doesn't defend, only was good in the wc, and is a diva and people believe it.

Even amongs Colombians they are licking are the chops to criticize him. Headline in a Colombian site after City loss "James comes in and immediately City scored"

Comments after the fake reports of him wanting to leave "If he won't even stay with his daddy (carlo) who babies him, he needs to retire and just dedicate himself to fuckery)

A friend of mine wrote about the same thing in a group chat "this f-ing clown wants to leave"

A different friend "james is not the best Colombian player of all time" I ask ok bud, so who is? " idk but it CAN'T be him".

I know James isn't perfect and he has sewn a lot of this narrative himself, but man. Never seen a player with so many stereotypes and false narratives. Especially a dude that has never had real issues on or off the field.

I just find it bizarre, some of the balls he played in certain games, the one to Digne g Wolves comes to mind, the one Digne couldn’t control v West Brom I think the chip over the top to Richarlison in that same game, his through ball to DCL in the first derby from the right back position, the ball to Richy on Saturday. If any of Fernandes, De Bruyne, Thiago, Kane, Firmino, Maddison, Foden, Grealish did anything close to that there’d be wall to wall coverage of it.

When James does it, it’s like ‘well yeah decent ball from James but why can’t he run fast ffs’. The truth is though that as good as those players are, with the exception of De Bruyne and Kane, none of the others are doing anything like that range of passing that James does. They have different strengths obviously, but there seems to be a refusal in the media (probably because it’s rammed full of kopites who see James as some sort of counterpoint to Thiago) to give this guy any credit whatsoever.

Wrong hombre, he IS perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.