2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can’t accommodate a luxury player because the rest of the team are not good enough, so the answer is to put in another average player in place of the luxury one.

Is that what you’re actually getting at here Tim, because 2 posts ago you were almost blaming James for our rank record of conceding

I'm blaming the collective because they aren't doing their job. We haven't found a system to play James and remain solid. You can keep turning it round and saying I'm blaming him but the problem is the lack of mobility and commitment from the rest of the midfield unit.

We have no balance in the team right now and are not getting the best out of James, Richarlison or DCL because of it. There's more than enough quality in those 3 if the rest of the team would step up and do their job properly.

I will genuinely lose all faith in Everton winning anything if it's now determined James Rodriguez isn't what we need and is moved on. He's the only one in the squad who's got a pot to piss in, and by that I mean trophies. He's a winner. Not surprised he looks pissed when we hardly have the ball in games and when we do we clump it forward like some turgid sunday league team.

I'm blaming the collective because they aren't doing their job. We haven't found a system to play James and remain solid. You can keep turning it round and saying I'm blaming him but the problem is the lack of mobility and commitment from the rest of the midfield unit.

We have no balance in the team right now and are not getting the best out of James, Richarlison or DCL because of it. There's more than enough quality in those 3 if the rest of the team would step up and do their job properly.

we have, and it worked at the start of the season. Free flowing fast football, scoring and creating chances

we have, and it worked at the start of the season. Free flowing fast football, scoring and creating chances

With a fully fit first choice 11, but injuries are inevitable and even 1 player missing has a massive effect on us.

We haven't been free flowing since September (except the Spurs cup game, which was a bit weird) and that's pretty much the last time we had everyone available in the same match.

I can accept a lack of quality from the players coming in, but the lack of fight and commitment in recent weeks from midfield and defence has been so poor.

With a fully fit first choice 11, but injuries are inevitable and even 1 player missing has a massive effect on us.

We haven't been free flowing since September and that's pretty much the last time we had everyone available in the same match.

Yes and that comes down to squad depth, some things have worked some haven’t. But Jane’s Rodriguez is not the problem.

I’ll tell you how this season has panned out from my viewpoint and the comments on this forum:

Start of the season: winning games, free flowing but conceding - constant moaning about the defence and how we’ll never compete with an awful back line

Injury hits - we lose, Ancelotti tries different things to find a solution that don’t work - moan that the manager is passed it, doesn’t know what he’s doing

Lead up to and Christmas Period - Ancelotti finds a solution, it’s very defensive but it gets us wins, tightens up the defence- moan that we can’t continue to play that way, it’s boring and not fun to watch

And now we are here; moan moan moan moan. Its James fault, Richarlison needs to be sold, why isn’t he playing Iwobi.

It’s absolutely hilarious and couldn’t be anymore Geordie if we we tried

Completely agree.

He is a quality, luxury player. Could you have imagined what he would have done to us if he was playing in that City team.

He hasn't been able to play in our best formation, with our best players since Liverpool/Fulham.

When we can get back to a 4-3-3 he will shine again - our fixture after Liverpool will really suit us setting up in a more attacking fashion and we will see him dominate, just as the sun comes back out.
“Just as the sun comes back out” yes I think he will play better with the sun out, not being sarcastic either.

Yes and that comes down to squad depth, some things have worked some haven’t. But Jane’s Rodriguez is not the problem.

I’ll tell you how this season has panned out from my viewpoint and the comments on this forum:

Start of the season: winning games, free flowing but conceding - constant moaning about the defence and how we’ll never compete with an awful back line

Injury hits - we lose, Ancelotti tries different things to find a solution that don’t work - moan that the manager is passed it, doesn’t know what he’s doing

Lead up to and Christmas Period - Ancelotti finds a solution, it’s very defensive but it gets us wins, tightens up the defence- moan that we can’t continue to play that way, it’s boring and not fun to watch

And now we are here; moan moan moan moan. Its James fault, Richarlison needs to be sold, why isn’t he playing Iwobi.

It’s absolutely hilarious and couldn’t be anymore Geordie if we we tried

I don't think that's really accurate tbh. Only a few have been blaming the manager on a regular and consistent basis, it's the players who have been taking the flak and rightly so.

This season was a massive chance and we finally started well but still managed to mess it up. I'm kind of fed up making excuses for it. The injuries have been the main issue for us but every team have had injuries.

Regarding the defensive football, it will always be enjoyed when the results are good, but it will always be criticised when results are poor. That's not an Everton or a Geordie thing, it's the same across the world. People like to win or be entertained, it's nothing new.

The negativity from me is nothing to do with the manager, other than I worry he might leave because of the rubbish he has to work with. My negativity is because the same huge flaws from the players are still there and we still need an enormous overhaul of the squad. It's not easy to fix a squad like this and our track record in recruitment over the last decade has been appalling. I wish I could have blind hope that we have a plan and it's going to fall into place, but I'm an Evertonian and I think it's probably unrealistic to think much will change in the summer.

I swear you lot would be on KDBs back if he played for us.

In order for a player like james to shine he needs movement and protection.

Early in the season he had allan and doucs behind offering protection and dcl richy digne and even go-mesh all providing options and he was brilliant.

We didnt buy messi or ronaldo. Hes not gonna take on 5 men and stick one in the top bin from 30 yards. Hes a classy playmaker who needs a good cohesive side around him to play well.

Also hes our best player. So pack it in with the wooled up shouts
I wouldn’t be on KDB’s back if he played for Everton, you are not saying James is anywhere near kDB as a player are you, one player in the game from start to finish, doing everything, passing, dribbling tackling and urging his teammates on to a player who comes into the game for minutes at a time, and does well on a good day, and goes missing for long spells of every game, they are worlds apart. If they were both available tomorrow, one player would have dozens of clubs fighting to get him and the other might have one or two showing a bit of interest.

I don't think that's really accurate tbh. Only a few have been blaming the manager on a regular and consistent basis, it's the players who have been taking the flak and rightly so.

This season was a massive chance and we finally started well but still managed to mess it up. I'm kind of fed up making excuses for it. The injuries have been the main issue for us but every team have had injuries.

Regarding the defensive football, it will always be enjoyed when the results are good, but it will always be criticised when results are poor. That's not an Everton or a Geordie thing, it's the same across the world. People like to win or be entertained, it's nothing new.

The negativity from me is nothing to do with the manager, other than I worry he might leave because of the rubbish he has to work with. My negativity is because the same huge flaws from the players are still there and we still need an enormous overhaul of the squad. It's not easy to fix a squad like this and our track record in recruitment over the last decade has been appalling. I wish I could have blind hope that we have a plan and it's going to fall into place, but I'm an Evertonian and I think it's probably unrealistic to think much will change in the summer.

I’ve been calling out posters on all year, it’s utterly embarrassing. I was arguing with people after we went to Leicester and Wolves because of the “we can’t continue to play like this” posts

There was no opportunity, people got carried away because of how the league panned out and assumed that we have Carlo Ancelotti and a couple of new signings that we should be up there.

The squad depth is dire, it was at the start and is now. so yes every team as injuries, they don’t have an unbalanced squad like we do. That’s the massive difference

I’ve been calling out posters on all year, it’s utterly embarrassing. I was arguing with people after we went to Leicester and Wolves because of the “we can’t continue to play like this” posts

There was no opportunity, people got carried away because of how the league panned out and assumed that we have Carlo Ancelotti and a couple of new signings that we should be up there.

The squad depth is dire, it was at the start and is now. so yes every team as injuries, they don’t have an unbalanced squad like we do. That’s the massive difference

It's probably better to play it down and say we didn't have an opportunity but it's not really true. Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs have been very average, the reds have struggled with injuries and even a side like Wolves have fallen away badly. There was definitely an opportunity to push into the top 6 this year and we have made a mess of it by losing too many games we should not have lost.

These teams won't all be as poor next year and I can't see things being easier for us next year. When opportunities arise we don't have the belief to take them. If we don't strengthen considerably in the summer then we will fall much further behind because the clubs above us are definitely going to improve.

James

Sucks
Is lazy
Gets hurt too much
Doesn't defend
Is slow
Doesn't care
Is not good enough for our standards
Doesn't like the winter
Doesn't like Liverpool
Is soft
Is a pretty boy
Fakes injuries
Is a luxury player
Is a passenger
We are better without him
We don't need him
Gets carried
Nobody wants him
Has a big ass
Has no heart
Did I mention he sucks and is not good enough for us?

Anything else?

Can we move on now?

Still a long way to go in the season and still a game in hand.
Without DCL up front we miss Richy on the left, although he been out of form most of the season. Once Allan back we will start to win and motor again

Kinda feel sorry for James. Yes, he's not quick, doesn't really defend that much etc... But he can't be effective at what he does brilliantly if we have a team of players that have little intelligent movement and don't want the ball.

Our tempo is so slow because of our lack of movement and natural width (and actual pace). We have no choice but to pass it along the back line and then inevitably lump it forward out of play from Keane. City and Fulham stretched us because they made full use of the width of the pitch in attack, but they knew they could defend narrow and congest the areas in the middle to frustrate us.

It's probably better to play it down and say we didn't have an opportunity but it's not really true. Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs have been very average, the reds have struggled with injuries and even a side like Wolves have fallen away badly. There was definitely an opportunity to push into the top 6 this year and we have made a mess of it by losing too many games we should not have lost.

These teams won't all be as poor next year and I can't see things being easier for us next year. When opportunities arise we don't have the belief to take them. If we don't strengthen considerably in the summer then we will fall much further behind because the clubs above us are definitely going to improve.
And so have we.

so how can a very poor team last year, all of sudden be expected to be above better teams that are performing below expectations.

if we had a real good squad with depth, then yes a massive opportunity missed. But we don’t

Status
Not open for further replies.