2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
My fault, should have posted it in the match thread itself. I’ll do that now and perhaps mods can move in morning if too off topic?

I took it "off-topic", but we are talking Everton in the Everton forum, I think we are safe.xD

And you posted the pass map cos Hamez pass map was also quite impressive.

As the tweet said, pinging it everywhere, what a player.

will see him in different formations which is why i can see us looking to sign another winger, with james behind dcl. rich and the new winger the other side to give him a free role with alan dacoure in midfield

So looking forward to seeing what he can achieve with better understanding between teammates.

Obviously teams are going to prep better for him than Jose did but that in itself will be interesting tactically as more opportunity for others if the focus all on James.

Spurs were poor and we were quite wasteful in front of goal.

But there was so much to admire on that pitch, yes its only 1 game and no doubt we are all getting a little giddy and possibly carried away, but how can you not get carried away after watching this man in a blue shirt?

Its a good time to be us.

That pass map further shows that there is a need for a RB. He had no passes forward to the right flank.

I'm telling you lads, add an attacking RB and James will tear apart the defenses. DCL would also score lots of goals
This is why in the absence of a new RB I'd think hard about James central. Walcott could hold that width wide right.

Spurs were poor and we were quite wasteful in front of goal.

But there was so much to admire on that pitch, yes its only 1 game and no doubt we are all getting a little giddy and possibly carried away, but how can you not get carried away after watching this man in a blue shirt?

Its a good time to be us.
Don’t care - as an Everton fan you learn to party when the sun is out!

I initially thought it was a bad idea, but yeah, that right hand corner was a dead zone.

You need to stretch the pitch fully.

Seamus made a ton of overlapping runs though. Watch it again if you like. Hamez favored switching play on nearly every occasion. While he produced some ace stuff on those switches to Digne and Richy, it wasn't like there wasn't the overlapping option on the right. A case of the eye test proving stats wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.