2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two absolutely horrific examples you've picked there mate. One of them he's given Richarlison the ball out wide, 40 yards out, with an entire back 4 to contend with, what end result are we realistically expecting there?!

You can tell he had an idea in mind but couldn't be bothered with doing the legwork to find any proper examples so just chucked in the first two half chances he found.

I was so blagged by that goal the other day that I didn't even have time to compute and celebrate before it was flagged offside.

He has his limitations, but get him in the final third with players around him and he's magic.

I was so blagged by that goal the other day that I didn't even have time to compute and celebrate before it was flagged offside.

He has his limitations, but get him in the final third with players around him and he's magic.
He’s a wonderful player but we deffo need to build a team around him to cover for his lack of defensive abilities. Get him in the right setup and he’ll be magic.

He’s a wonderful player but we deffo need to build a team around him to cover for his lack of defensive abilities. Get him in the right setup and he’ll be magic.

A right-back who can provide athleticism and durability sorts a big chunk of that out, as will moving Allan over to the right side of a midfield three (and therefore freeing up Doucoure to push on rather than be so defensive).

Need a RB and a No.6 (could be Gbamin) for that, though.

I wonder what kind of get-out clauses he's got in his contract?

You don't take a massive step down on a free transfer without something in your pocket if it doesn't work out.

As long as he stays fit he'll always have bigger clubs after him, and presuming we finish outside of European places he'll surely want out at his earliest convenience, i.e. as soon as June 2021.

Just wondering if there isn't a sneaky 20m release clause in there. Wouldn't be surprised if we're without him and Richarlison next season.

Last edited:
I wonder what kind of get-out clauses he's got in his contract? As long as he stays fit he'll always have bigger clubs after him, and presuming we finish outside of European places he'll surely want out at his earliest convenience, i.e. as soon as June 2021.

Just wondering if there isn't a sneaky 20m release clause in there. Wouldn't be surprised if we're without him and Richarlison next season.
Weird comment

@maccavennie this one is for you! I think it could be the inspiration for some music before next game, wouldn't you agree?

Screenshot_20201201-170143~2.png

@maccavennie this one is for you! I think it could be the inspiration for some music before next game, wouldn't you agree?

View attachment 109786

How dare Calvert Lewin touch him like that!

I've got 2 choices currently for this weekend

Whams absolute classic "Rodriguez, I'm your man" or Huey Lewis and the news "hip to be James" which really does put a smile on your face and images of James scoring left foot blammos from 40 yards and taking corners kicks whilst body popping.

Time for James to get us back up the table as the rest of the goblins aren't good enough to do it for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.