2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
2nd half I think DCL about 3/4 times was in behind them but a mixture of poor finishing and bad decision making

Rodriguez when he tried to chip the keeper

Richarlison chance was more than a half chance lets be honest. Only cos he lashed at it like a 4 year old doesn't make it a very presentabke chance

Allan got into good positions a couple of times

Richarlison got into great positions a couple of times but was more focused on either running the ball out of play or into their player.

Apart from their goal disallowed for offside, I can't remember much else they did apart from the goal? Costas shot at the end which Pickford saved was more to do with us pushing forward.

Allan ran straight through the middle of them twice. While we were weak on the wings, they were open through the middle. Richy wove through them too.

I'm not going to trust Sofascore Sassy fkr the simple reason that has Richarlison as Evertons 2nd best player lol

I think the only game where we've been absolutely hammered down that side of the pitch was Man Utd at home and to Southampton away when he wasn't fit and Godfrey was not comfortable.

Its too easy to say "he doesn't do A & B properly" but that takes away the C, D, E, & F that he does far better than anyone else game after game.

The only gripe I have with him is that he's too unselfish and that's not a bad trait as it shows he's trying to be a team player. He's miles better than everyone else so I'd rather he take the shot when the chance arises.

He made more runs into the box yesterday and was let down as his strikers took shots right at keeper rather than making the extra pass on one or two occasions.

Those goals will come as they more in sync.

But this is what I've just mentioned in my previous post. We weren't exposed down that side yesterday at all. Everything was on Iwobi and Richarlisons side.

We are exposed when people aren't doing their job properly, that's what it looks to me. Individual)

I think he's just trying to show he's a team player. I thought he might be more of a one man maverick and I've been pleasantly surprised by his team ethic and looking to set goals up on a plate.
We haven't been exposed down that side since we moved to 5 at the back (which we did to avoid the problem). The problem now is just that the 5 at the back system doesn't work particularly well defensively. I think that missing the extra body in the middle means we end up defending very deep. We've been basically camped on the edge of our area for extended periods of both of our last 2 games, against relatively average teams.

Not James's fault, just haven't found a system that works yet.

We haven't been exposed down that side since we moved to 5 at the back (which we did to avoid the problem). The problem now is just that the 5 at the back system doesn't work particularly well defensively. I think that missing the extra body in the middle means we end up defending very deep. We've been basically camped on the edge of our area for extended periods of both of our last 2 games, against relatively average teams.

Not James's fault, just haven't found a system that works yet.

Good point mate and one which I hadn't thought of. tbh I felt he went to a 5 at the back because we didn't have a conventional right back so felt playing a wing back would be the better option but your point could be right.

Could 442 work? with James as second striker/free role
I think we should be playing 4-5-1 with James as the 10, but at the moment I'm not sure that Ancelotti has a right midfielder that he trusts enough to start there. That combined with the fact that Coleman missing means we've started Iwobi at right back.

Should have held onto Walcott!

Status
Not open for further replies.