2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Subdued and looked tired after getting walloped playing for Colombia, but still the best footballer on the pitch today, with a few moments of absolute brilliance and class. Should have been subbed 10 mins earlier.

Rest up boss, and come back fit and flying for us again.
Another game of assisting the assister.

He was boss in the first half, but what I really liked about him was his work rate and desire, he won the ball back a few times today.

When he loses the ball or misplasses a pass he goes on a Rambo mission to win it back. Fantastic attitude to have.

I'm normally not a fan of three at the back, but I think the system we played today should get the most out of our team. The more we can get Hamez on the ball right on the edge of the box the better.

The sooner Carlo works out a system to allow for the luxury of having Hameth in a free role, the better. When we're under pressure, the midfield struggles from being a man down and panic breaks out. I know it will come in time, some of our attacking in the first half was sensational.

We either need to sign another CDM or Gbamin makes a miraculous recovery and slots in alongside Allan and Doucoure.

Thats what we are crying out for - if Delph could stay fit for more thab 1 game he would be ideal alongside Allan until Gbamin is fit to be given a go.

We either need to sign another CDM or Gbamin makes a miraculous recovery and slots in alongside Allan and Doucoure.

Thats what we are crying out for - if Delph could stay fit for more thab 1 game he would be ideal alongside Allan until Gbamin is fit to be given a go.
Even after the time he's been here Delph is an unknown quantity.

Even after the time he's been here Delph is an unknown quantity.

If James is out wide you need 3 defensive midfielders- two to shield the defence and the other to cover the space James leaves infront of the RB.

Gbamin realistically wont be fully fit until next season (if he ever even recovers from his injuries) so for me it would be worth trying Godfrey in midfield until January then bring in a defensive midfielder if Delph isn't fit enough to contribute.

Siggurdsson & Gomes shouldn't be anywhere near the starting 11.

Thought this myself actually. The odd bit of class - which you'd always expect from him - but it definitely wasn't his best performance for us.
He’s been flying all over the shop for Colombia and seems to have had a terrible week going by all the press stories in South America. He’s probably exhausted.

Thing about James, even when he has a quiet game, he has so much ability that one moment of brilliance from him can win a game. We haven’t had a player like that in years and we need to find a way to accommodate him in our setup. I am so glad he plays for us, it’s great to see an Everton player with his pure ability and football brain.

Status
Not open for further replies.