2018/19 James McCarthy

AndyC

Staff member
Wow you must be the biggest idiot on this site. I can’t believe what I’m reading. I posted weeks ago about James McCarthy, funnily enough this is his thread. I replied to someone saying we should keep him, I disagreed saying he wasn’t good enough to push us towards the top 4 like rest of our midfielders and yes I include Gana in this but for different reasons.
IE Schneiderlin, McCarthy, besic and Davies maybe a little harsh on Davies as he’s young abd has time to improve, but personally I don’t think he will ever reach that level.

My point on Gana is at 30, which he will be at the start of next season, i would certainly sell for good money, yes he’s great at tackling and wining the ball back, but he also offers nothing going forward and does give the ball away cheaply at times, I also feel we are still a couple of seasons away from really challenging, so getting good money and buying s younger version with more potential would be a way to go, though I know a number would disagree.

Now back to my original post, you replied about me saying I would sell all our midfielders. So I would sell Gomes & Gana you said.
I’ve explained Gana. I said to you Gomes wasn’t our player. Now apparently I’ve said I dont want to buy Gomes. Maybe you can find where I said that. Jesus Christ mate it’s like pulling teeth.

You definitely played the scarecrow in the school play.
Less of the personal insults eh, no need.
Kindly debate sensibly or not at all.

Catfish Blues

Player Valuation: £1m
A quick skim through the last four or five pages of this thread shows us two things

One - most rational people recognise that McCarthy's injury record means he's unlikely to play more than a bit part at Everton any more, so selling him is probably best all round

Two - People defending him, or liking posts of people defending him, are statistically more likely to be of Irish descent than not, and so are biased

Three - I can't count, and the thread reminds me of Howard and Donovan threads when US posters were blinkered by their nationality.

MarcelsGoat

Brands Only Signs Ballers
A quick skim through the last four or five pages of this thread shows us two things

One - most rational people recognise that McCarthy's injury record means he's unlikely to play more than a bit part at Everton any more, so selling him is probably best all round

Two - People defending him, or liking posts of people defending him, are statistically more likely to be of Irish descent than not, and so are biased

Three - I can't count, and the thread reminds me of Howard and Donovan threads when US posters were blinkered by their nationality.
4 - What do the Scottish think about it all?

Neiler

Player Valuation: £70m

Not sure that’s the case really, I’m Irish and can safely say almost all our current international players are largely gash (or playing for England). I remember giving Aido loads before he signed here, when other UK based posters were whacking themselves off over his signing.

Jimmy Mc is a good player, club football and international are two different worlds, I wouldn’t be a huge fan of international football or its relevance, I actually think the whole thing is a fix and money making scheme a bit like WWE. If it ended tomorrow in it’s current form I wouldn’t be to bothered.

Certainly Association Football in Ireland is nothing to be proud of presently in its currents guise. Think you picked the wrong week to make that particular point.

Last edited:

Khalekan

Where did you see the survey that suggests this?

Or are you just making assumptions?

(to be fair, I would hazard a guess that most of us posting on here have some Irish blood in us....a heck of a lot of Scousers do and we know that EFC was the team the Irish immigrants to the city took to in the early years of the last century and certainly in my case and many others I know off we inherited our love of Everton from our forebears among those immigrants).

Zatara

Where did you see the survey that suggests this?

Or are you just making assumptions?

(to be fair, I would hazard a guess that most of us posting on here have some Irish blood in us....a heck of a lot of Scousers do and we know that EFC was the team the Irish immigrants to the city took to in the early years of the last century and certainly in my case and many others I know off we inherited our love of Everton from our forebears among those immigrants).
Whenever i think of green Irish blood i think of this;

CRIMHEAD

Player Valuation: £40m
My point on Gana is at 30, which he will be at the start of next season, i would certainly sell for good money, yes he’s great at tackling and wining the ball back, but he also offers nothing going forward and does give the ball away cheaply at times...
If this idea that Gana gives the ball away cheaply at times was true, you'd think it would be quantifiable somehow. I would love to see just one shred of objective evidence that even suggests this happens. Just once.

Yarrgh

Player Valuation: £35m
Has made a grand total of 19 appearances in all competitions for us since the beginning of the 16/17 season, with only 6 of them being since August 2017...

Fail to see how anyone could suggest we keep him.

We’ll struggle to give him away for free tbh :confused:
If that's his playing record, he's essentially in the bin at Everton. Unless he absolutely shot, then I'd be getting on to my agent and finding me somewhere else to try and resurrect the tail end of my playing career if I was in his boots. As long as it didn't impact me financially that is... or made me move to some awful location, I'd be off.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.