2018/19 James McCarthy

GrandOldTeam

Staff member
James McCarthy - 2018/19 Player Performance Thread

Thread Sponsor: Available

Please use this thread for all discussion relating to James McCarthy's 2018/19 match performances.

Feel free to start new threads regarding any new topics of discussion relating to this player - new contracts, player quotes, transfer news etc.

hktoffee

Player Valuation: £70m
Gonna to leave for a small sum. By the time he's fit it will be towards the end of next season. Hopefully some primary kid will stop moaning whether he is Scottish or not.

blueblue

Player Valuation: £40m
His injury was in the middle of January and it is now six months later.
I would expect that he would be ready to play around October.
A very good player who has had a couple of very bad years with injury.

The broken leg happened because he is as brave and committed as he is , there are a few in our squad that could do with the same determination. I think some of the criticism of him here is just wrong.
He got a broken leg by putting his leg where many wouldn't trying to prevent a goal. I hope he recovers well and if he does I am convinced he will be a player the manager will want to keep.

Dymak

Player Valuation: £30m
His injury was in the middle of January and it is now six months later.
I would expect that he would be ready to play around October.
A very good player who has had a couple of very bad years with injury.

The broken leg happened because he is as brave and committed as he is , there are a few in our squad that could do with the same determination. I think some of the criticism of him here is just wrong.
He got a broken leg by putting his leg where many wouldn't trying to prevent a goal. I hope he recovers well and if he does I am convinced he will be a player the manager will want to keep.
I agree that he is brave and committed, but I don't rate him as a player. Obviously he is good enough to become a multi-millionaire footballer of Premier League standard, however he is a bottom half player, and he always has been.