2023/24 James Garner

I'm glad that everyone is starting to finally see his ability now, we just need Dyche to wake up and accept his decisions have been wrong.
The lad should be first name on the team sheet in his natural position.

But Dyche's stubborn mindset worries me.
( say young gets injured this wk, Garner will be starting RB )

I'm glad that everyone is starting to finally see his ability now, we just need Dyche to wake up and accept his decisions have been wrong.

Isn't it just because McNeill and Harrison are out (and Iwobi finally gone) that he's out wide?

Pretty sure when Harrison is established in the team we'll see Garner in the middle

If not, then fair enough we can grumble

Isn't it just because McNeill and Harrison are out (and Iwobi finally gone) that he's out wide?

Pretty sure when Harrison is established in the team we'll see Garner in the middle

If not, then fair enough we can grumble
We could of used Danjuma out wide tho, and what about the whole Rb scenario.
And as for the Arsenal game, he was left out.

Everton garner new midfield talent

James Garner’s decisive display, playing a part in two of Everton’s goals, was the latest example of a purported elite club’s youth product showing out for someone else. Keen students of Manchester United’s academy were aghast when a star of the club’s representative teams was allowed to join Everton last year, having been a popular, effective player when loaned to Nottingham Forest. Bred as a central midfielder but playing off the left at Brentford, Garner, in tandem with Dwight McNeil – another one-time United trainee – on the other wing, caused repeated problems for the Bees’ injury-riddled and reconfigured defence. “He works ever so hard,” said an approving Sean Dyche. “He’s got a lovely honesty about him, he’s a very good player, and he’s very adaptable.” Such a work ethic, coupled with a dash of class on the ball, makes him an archetypal Evertonian, the likes of which are required if his club’s battle against relegation is to be won. John Brewin

He can run a game from there, proved it last season. Best players can control a game from any position. But yes middle is best.

Everton garner new midfield talent

James Garner’s decisive display, playing a part in two of Everton’s goals, was the latest example of a purported elite club’s youth product showing out for someone else. Keen students of Manchester United’s academy were aghast when a star of the club’s representative teams was allowed to join Everton last year, having been a popular, effective player when loaned to Nottingham Forest. Bred as a central midfielder but playing off the left at Brentford, Garner, in tandem with Dwight McNeil – another one-time United trainee – on the other wing, caused repeated problems for the Bees’ injury-riddled and reconfigured defence. “He works ever so hard,” said an approving Sean Dyche. “He’s got a lovely honesty about him, he’s a very good player, and he’s very adaptable.” Such a work ethic, coupled with a dash of class on the ball, makes him an archetypal Evertonian, the likes of which are required if his club’s battle against relegation is to be won. John Brewin
Dyche is right about that. He is the perfect Everton player. Got a bit of Harper and Richardson about him.

I've been an ardent advocate for him since he was acquired last season. I think he has the technical skills to thrive on the pitch especially on the ball , his influence has been more subtle in previous games but still the pedigree was evident. Saturday was a glimpse of what he is capable of providing, I'd like him to be positioned more in the middle but he demonstrated even playing on the wing which is not his forte , he is able to adapt and demonstrate what a versatile player he is.