2022/23 James Garner

Status
Not open for further replies.
He looks classy but at no point was anyone pressing him. He was able to pick a ball up and turn. He won’t necessarily get that time in the premier league

The championship last season would have been a long slog and he played 49 games in total for Forest.

Of course its a step up but his performances were of a level above most so I think an injury free period now until next season and he'll make the step up.

Just checking he's no.14 in this clip?
It'll come with fitness and form of course, but I think he'll have to learn to move it faster to make as a PL player. I feel like with Schneiderlin and the like, this type of player might 'seem slow' even if he's actually really good on the ball, he'll have to give the impression of being really forward-thinking and fast too. Although 'protecting' the ball and keeping possession is an underrated skill and very important.
It feels like the midfield for us might be

Iwobi/Garner
Gana/Onana
Doucoure/Davies

I think they are the most similar-ish players in a midfield 3

Iwobi-Gana-Onana was a nice combination for a few games, but I think Onana/Gana together doesn't work as well as Doucoure-Onana-Iwobi as they are complementary. and Garner could replace Iwobi in that 'good possession/neat passing' role
What do you think?

Onana has to start every game.

Beyond that, we need 3 other midfielders to allow for injuries and suspensions. We have Gana and Garner so could do with one more player.

Ahead of them, we should hold onto Doucoure for 1 more season and bring in an attacking midfielder.

If Iwobi signs a new contract then we just need one new player in that midfield 3.

I think he’s some way off holding down a first team spot in any PL side right now, and that Everton will be looking to improve upon our current crop of first team central midfielders that Garner is actually behind in terms of selection.

Not sure hes really behind them as much as hes been recovering from injury and Dyche has wanted to keep the same team.

DIdnt know this :eek:

Everton youngster James Garner has not featured much for the Toffees this season, but it has been revealed that he is one of the quickest midfielders in the Premier League.

The 22-year-old clocked a speed of 35.22km/h earlier in the campaign, ranking him in eighth place among the competition’s quickest midfielders, according to Squawka.

Everton youngster James Garner has not featured much for the Toffees this season, but it has been revealed that he is one of the quickest midfielders in the Premier League.

The 22-year-old clocked a speed of 35.22km/h earlier in the campaign, ranking him in eighth place among the competition’s quickest midfielders, according to Squawka.
Top speeds might be the most pointless stat in football

Dan James runs like Linford Christie, plays like Agatha.

Nice time to come back with Doucoure being dumb. Like to think he's a bit smarter in possession than Doucoure is even if he maybe less of a physical presence.

He might get an opportunity now that Doucoure is suspended. The concern is that they really aren't very similar players though and Doucoure's energy & pressing from the front has been important under Dyche's setup. We're probably going to have to change things up slightly, or Dyche could surprise us and try and utilise another player to try and fill that Doucoure-shaped hole...

Status
Not open for further replies.