2022/23 James Garner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didnt see the game but as ive said many times, looks a good all rounder, ball player and can take a set piece.

I think its imperative that he gets 6+ full games before the end of the season. Surely Dyche will want to see how he and Onana look as a central pair?

We definitely need another CM and if he performs well then the onus moves to solely focusing on attacking signings in the summer.
We’re not exactly in a position to be giving people a run of games just to see how they get on, or to be doing anything with an eye on next season. Dyche will be picking what he thinks is the team most likely to get us points, as he should be. It’s up to garner to show that he should be in that line up, something he’s not really managed to do so far.

"Now is the winter of our discontent
Made glorious summer by this son of York".

"To be, or not to be,
That is the question".

"And gentlemen of England now abed
Shall think themselves accursed they were not here,
And hold theit manhoods cheap while any speaks
That fought with us upon SAINT CRISPIN'S DAY".

That enough quotes, mate?
James-Garner.png

We’re not exactly in a position to be giving people a run of games just to see how they get on, or to be doing anything with an eye on next season. Dyche will be picking what he thinks is the team most likely to get us points, as he should be. It’s up to garner to show that he should be in that line up, something he’s not really managed to do so far.
Yeah as much as I rate the lad and want to see him out there, we're certainly not in a position to go chopping and changing now. He's young, he'll have his time ( same With Patterson )
We've picked up some great results since Dyche walked through the door and there's still along way to go yet, so why change anything now.

Yeah as much as I rate the lad and want to see him out there, we're certainly not in a position to go chopping and changing now. He's young, he'll have his time ( same With Patterson )
We've picked up some great results since Dyche walked through the door and there's still along way to go yet, so why change anything now.

Im not saying Dyche should just chuck him in to start games.

What Im saying is that instead of playing Davies off the bench it should be Garner getting 20mins or so...

Then for him to show what he can do and for he and Onana to slowly form a partnership.

We have 10 games left and Id be very happy if he got 6 of them.

Just checking he's no.14 in this clip?
It'll come with fitness and form of course, but I think he'll have to learn to move it faster to make as a PL player. I feel like with Schneiderlin and the like, this type of player might 'seem slow' even if he's actually really good on the ball, he'll have to give the impression of being really forward-thinking and fast too. Although 'protecting' the ball and keeping possession is an underrated skill and very important.
It feels like the midfield for us might be

Iwobi/Garner
Gana/Onana
Doucoure/Davies

I think they are the most similar-ish players in a midfield 3

Iwobi-Gana-Onana was a nice combination for a few games, but I think Onana/Gana together doesn't work as well as Doucoure-Onana-Iwobi as they are complementary. and Garner could replace Iwobi in that 'good possession/neat passing' role
What do you think?

What do you think?

I think he’s some way off holding down a first team spot in any PL side right now, and that Everton will be looking to improve upon our current crop of first team central midfielders that Garner is actually behind in terms of selection.

Has to be a better option off the bench than Davies right now
Well I think he should be on the bench ready to come on when needed, he’s been injured for a long spell and I’m hoping that Dyche is making sure he is ready and match fit before using him, he’ll get his chances in the remaining games and hopefully help us getting those points needed to keep us up, his free kicks and corners could be very handy as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.