It's Official. We're in a relegation fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
we been in a relegation fight for the last few games but our blue blinkers led us to believe otherwise ........

FFS a bit of cop on will tell ya that been in a relegation fight doesnt mean you are going down , it means your current form has you rightly there ....im totally pissed off ive been supporting EFC for over 20 yrs and never did i think i would lose the passion like i currently have.....

i stayed away from any sort o media contact about the game today as i personally didn think we were going to win added to the fact i have lost faith in DM ..........if we took the btm half of the league as possible relagation fodder we have only taken 8 pts from a possible 30 vs these teams .........and some people have the balls to say we aint in a relagation battle

I think Moyes's observation a while ago about a club like Everton being 'on the edge'. Very true, once things start going wrong it can very easily spiral out of control. The infrastructure just isn't strong enough to withstand a series of consecutive negative events. All we have is Moyes and Finch Farm. Everything else could go to [Poor language removed] extremely quickly.

Very well put Mr Browns.

I remember not so long back Spurs were struggling at the wrong end of the table despite having a decent squad capable of more.

They sack Ramos, get the "WNTSTB"tmRBOG in and 2 seasons later they are in the Champions League.

Any other cockney conmen going spare we can get in?

That said, Harry Houdini's greatest trick was always spending lots of money and making people forget he'd done so.

Kyle Naughton anyone?

We don't have those kind of funds, but I see what you're saying. It's not right for Moyes' job to be 100% safe, when he's making the same mistakes week in, week out, and although change is a risk, so is having 1 win in 10, 4 wins in 20, and your fingers crossed that Wigan don't put you in the drop zone.

we been in a relegation fight for the last few games but our blue blinkers led us to believe otherwise ........

FFS a bit of cop on will tell ya that been in a relegation fight doesnt mean you are going down , it means your current form has you rightly there ....im totally pissed off ive been supporting EFC for over 20 yrs and never did i think i would lose the passion like i currently have.....

i stayed away from any sort o media contact about the game today as i personally didn think we were going to win added to the fact i have lost faith in DM ..........if we took the btm half of the league as possible relagation fodder we have only taken 8 pts from a possible 30 vs these teams .........and some people have the balls to say we aint in a relagation battle
We deffo could go down and in this situation you need spirit,balls and fight which we are lacking

Having left neg rep and a comment on my wall you can't say anything lad. Not for the first time from you either is it.

The fact is this. Moyes wanted to spend in the summer but couldn't. He's now been told he can't this January. Despite snides in the dressing room causing instability.

Solid argument that. Unlike anything you can muster.

Matt, if you cant take it- dont start in the first place.also yeah i had a spat with your buddy LCAB -so what - that was a beef between me and him - whats it got to do with you. SOLID ARGUEMENT! we need a striker who can score regular-given the chance. the rest of the team are ace but not performing- whos faults that

Reading through the thread, I believe one thing is being totally ignored and that is the players performances themselves. Today I sat in the South Stand of the Britannia and watched school boy error after school boy error unfold before my eyes. Seasoned professionals such as our own Captain making badly timed challenge that led to Joneses goal , two centre halves going for the same ball and Arteta playing hospital balls to Piennar and then blaming Peanuts when it gets intercepted. I could go on. It was at points laughable. To see a once talented centre forward as Saha play like a novice and then have the gall to sprint to the touch line when substituted ! Just summed him today - He couldn't wait to leave that pitch today and it wasn't to save us time.

But it's the form of our once great little Spaniard that is the most confusing - players have off days, be it fresh from an injury, fearful of another yellow card that could lead to a ban..the list goes on. But Arteta to me looks to me like a player whose been scouted and bought with the promise of great things, but when he pulls on the Blue Shirt is suddenly - mediocre.

I know there are threads calling for Moyes to leave ( be sacked) . For some reason , on forums, amongst fans on the street and even in the media - he appears to be bulletproof and if you dare to criticise his managerial skills your deemed a traitor or even worse..a kopite ! But, he more than anyone has to start earning his wedge just as much as the players on the field and come to face the facts that THIS..isn't working and at this moment in time we are one of the worst teams around and giving the word "Premier" an almost ironic meaning in this League. :(

Still very much in the Moyes camp, although even I can't deny that I'm puzzled by some of his decisions this season. It clearly isn't working for him at the moment. Really think something is wrong in the Goodison dressing room. Don't know what, but the sooner it's sorted out, the better it is. After watching todays match against Stoke, I for the first time this season have to admit I'm worried about relegation.

Our players need to take a long hard look at themselves and start to sort out their own personal problems. We need all of them fully committed and prepared to collectively fight our way out of trouble. On paper, we certainly are too good to go down, but that also goes for the position we are currently in.

Also, do hope a few players are shown the Goodison exit door and of same importance, new ones are brought in. I know we're not in such a great financial state, but something clearly has to be done to stop this downward slide. Even if it means taken on more debt, because as I said in the match thread, relegation will prove to be a lot more costly.

Having left neg rep and a comment on my wall you can't say anything lad. Not for the first time from you either is it.

The fact is this. Moyes wanted to spend in the summer but couldn't. He's now been told he can't this January. Despite snides in the dressing room causing instability.

Solid argument that. Unlike anything you can muster.

i agree to push for the title we need money!

but at the start of this season (now be honest) how meny teams would you have said have got a better squad (as in quality no numbers) than us?? i can think of defo 3 maybe 5!!

lack of money didnt lose us the games against stoke,wba,newcastle ect... as we have by far the better squad than any of them!!

But Moyes said: “I don't think we got what we deserved. I thought we played quite well at times, especially in the first half – I thought we played as well as we have done for a long time. But we conceded a goal, and we kept trying to score but we couldn’t get one. " -WRONG!!

I cannot remember a single solid attempt on their goal in the second half. We fannied around with it on the edge of the box a few times and hit a free kick wide, but I don't think their goalie even got his fingers stung once :(

But Moyes said: “I don't think we got what we deserved. I thought we played quite well at times, especially in the first half – I thought we played as well as we have done for a long time. But we conceded a goal, and we kept trying to score but we couldn’t get one. " -WRONG!!

I cannot remember a single solid attempt on their goal in the second half. We fannied around with it on the edge of the box a few times and hit a free kick wide, but I don't think their goalie even got his fingers stung once :(

******* unbelievable.

the problem is DM believes in what he is saying and thinks other than not scoring goals everything is rosey in the garden....

his innner circle in the club are too busy patting each other on the back for a job well done instead honestly trying to solve some of our problems

Status
Not open for further replies.