It was all supposed to be so different....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forget about all the stadium chatter and everything else going on off the pitch for a moment. Get it right on the pitch first and foremost.
We’re sleepwalking into relegation with Silva and these set of players.
Boardroom needs to get a grip before it’s too late.
Exactly this, if we go into massive debt building a swanky new stadium with a shte team we'll be writing the most expensive suicide note in history. Clubs who build new stadia always drop off the pace and our pace is mid table so arsing about with relegation whilst overlooking the mersey would be the most likely result..

Always an exception to prove a rule, mate, we all prayed it would be us:oops:
How arrogant were we all, myself included, when we forecast them dropping like a stone after that "miracle".
The truth being they've built on that success despite massive changes in their team, and let's whisper it, the appointment of another target of our dismissive attitude, as manager.

Okay , have it your way mate.
Moshiri has loosened the purse strings far more than most of our competitors , and although it doesn't suit your agenda , you must surely admit that.
There is still no hiding from the fact that Silva has been provided with players costing far more than teams having much better seasons than us. He is an abject failure in managing them.
He's failed, but there's context to the failure: the role of Brands mitigates the blame falling on him.

He's failed, but there's context to the failure: the role of Brands mitigates the blame falling on him.

I agree with you to an extent mate , in that the DoF has to take his share of the responsibility. I guess that we would probably apportion that proportion of blame differently. Let's agree to disagree on that point.

Your very conveniently forgetting that he also bought Andy Carrol around the same time, he was later sold for quite a big loss and hardly played.
Yes, but everybody slates him over Carroll, but he gets none of the credit for Suarez. The money made from Suarez pays the loss on Carroll many times over.

Status
Not open for further replies.