It was all supposed to be so different....

Status
Not open for further replies.
No it wasn’t. He got them to two cup finals and won them their 1st trophy in 6 years - which up until a few months ago was the last pot that they’d won.

I’m not pro-Moyes but there’s no reason Moyes couldn’t come back and have a similar effect. On an interim basis, I’d certainly be open to it.

(P.S if you’re not, it’s worth coming round to the idea as it’s looking extraordinarily likely)
Dont think it is. Any new man should not be short term. Although with us they usually are.

I do wonder what it will take for some people to actually realise this.

We are in the gutter now. How far do we need to sink under the Iranian before people start to realise that he's the central problem, causing a multitude of other problems ?
He's "The Mosh".

Mourinho + world class players + a new stadium.

He brought us all that and we're being very ungrateful.

"His money".

FFS.

It's a turn of phrase mate. Surely you have heard of it.
To clarify for you , the club has spent more on the playing staff than most of the clubs in the league that are above us.
The fact that our predicament is so bad , is that they have been badly managed.
Who do you suggest is to blame for that ?

What utter nonsense.
He has put his money where his mouth is. Shame the footballing side is a shambles. That largely falls at the feet of Silva. Time for Brands to earn his money now.

I agree he is not a fraud, but the buck has to stop with him. He's injected cash alright but he has hired very poorly from the top to bottom. The club has no direction and hence the middling progress and inconsistency of the last few years despite the cash infusion shouldn't be surprising. He needs to set a proper direction and expectation for what the club's identity should be. Right now its non-existent which is a shame given the clubs history.

It's a turn of phrase mate. Surely you have heard of it.
To clarify for you , the club has spent more on the playing staff than most of the clubs in the league that are above us.
The fact that our predicament is so bad , is that they have been badly managed.
Who do you suggest is to blame for that ?
Who brought in the position of Dof that's wasted £500M?

I blame whoever did that.

Who brought in the position of Dof that's wasted £500M?

I blame whoever did that.

You seem to be contradicting yourself mate. If someone brings in a DoF and provides them with £500 million (your figures , not mine) , then that hardly seems to be the actions of a "fake , phoney , a carpetbagging fraud"

You seem to be contradicting yourself mate. If someone brings in a DoF and provides them with £500 million (your figures , not mine) , then that hardly seems to be the actions of a "fake , phoney , a carpetbagging fraud"
Nope. It's not his cash, it;s the cash generated by the club via sales and tv revenue...Moshiri has bought shares and debt...safe as houses for him.

It must be my age but I didn't expect much different.

The only 2 game changers over the Prem years have been Roman and Mansoor the rest have been mostly unmitigated disasters with only John Henry and co making progress via Klopp and a big stand. Similar analysis dampens my enthusiasm for BMD as historically clubs building new footie stadiums always turn to cack.
Leicester excepted?

Nope. It's not his cash, it;s the cash generated by the club via sales and tv revenue...Moshiri has bought shares and debt...safe as houses for him.

Okay , have it your way mate.
Moshiri has loosened the purse strings far more than most of our competitors , and although it doesn't suit your agenda , you must surely admit that.
There is still no hiding from the fact that Silva has been provided with players costing far more than teams having much better seasons than us. He is an abject failure in managing them.

No it wasn’t. He got them to two cup finals and won them their 1st trophy in 6 years - which up until a few months ago was the last pot that they’d won.

I’m not pro-Moyes but there’s no reason Moyes couldn’t come back and have a similar effect. On an interim basis, I’d certainly be open to it.

(P.S if you’re not, it’s worth coming round to the idea as it’s looking extraordinarily likely)
He got them Suarez on a reasonably cheap fee, and he was later sold for an absolute fortune

Status
Not open for further replies.