Is This The Worst Season In Living Memory (Relatively)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the worst for me personally, as I've never been so apathetic before. I used to get angry under Martinez, and then Koeman, but since Sam has come in and got us doing whatever the hell it is we're doing, I'm not even arsed if I miss the game.

It just seems worse cos of the monumental hissy fits lots of supporters have these days when we don't win a game are exacerbating.

It's not as bad as many a season in the 90's and not even close to either 94 or 98. However it's probably the most depressing and frustrating season I can remember, In the 90's things felt diffrent. These days our fanbase feels less United then ever before, Goodison is like a morgue every game and the squad is full mercenaries including our useless manager. Nobody involved with the club seems to really care which is really sad and players that we bring through the ranks can't wait to shaft us. All in all its just a very depressing time to be an Evertonian.:(

Think I've watched about 2 games since Allardyce took over. I genuinely cannot stand the football we play now, and it doesn't feel like the club I support anymore more.

This season by a mile.

I Was born in the early 90s so wasn't really old enough to follow all the relegation threaten years. I started going/following just before moyes come.

So many reasons why. We have been battered about countless times ( spurs x2 United x2 Chelsea away Lyon away atalanta x2 Southampton away. Arsenal home that' just at the top of my head

Knocked out of every cup at the first hurdle ( Europa league was history making bad)

We'e lost our 2 best players. One of them a supposed blue

We'e bought Crap.

Topped it all up by big fat kin sam

Yes & no.

The squad we have now should be achieving more than those including Klaus Thompson, Marc Hottiger, Brett Angel, John Spencer, Mitch Ward......we could name 100.......

...but the money in the EPL now means every team has a much stronger squad.

90's was way, way worse. My user name is a constant reminder to myself not to wet the bed.

The big spending that we are doing now is still dwarfed by the clubs above us and the money involved in our record signing would only have caused a ripple in the general footballing world about 3 seasons ago. Offset it against player sales and it's no surprise we're not muscling in on the big boys. That's no excuse for the football on display though which is dire at the moment or the lack of commitment from players.

Status
Not open for further replies.