Is This The Worst Season In Living Memory (Relatively)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SantaClausisanEvertonian

Player Valuation: £10m
I just thought I'd pose this question because, on the back of 7th place last season and more money spent than ever, this season promised so, so much.
Instead, it's been an abysmal season, pretty much since the first kick of the season.
We did, of course, have much worse seasons in the early 1980s and at various times throughout the 1990s but our expectations were nowhere near as high as they were in the summer of 2017.
So for me, this has to be the worst season relatively speaking. Out of all cups at practically the first hurdle and three managers by Christmas. Enough said!

For grim footy? Yes without a doubt. I cannot recall such technically poor players ever playing for us. Even when Martinez had it playing with wingers our defence was still horrific. We had pace and tactical players to offset that - now? We have a hodge podge collection of misfits.

We are absolutely tragic

Yes,
Other seasons we've had less capability but scrapers
Now we have spineless, over paid frauds (especially those called Morgan) who will leave if we get relegated.

No, Martinez's final season was worse than this (not by much like). Least the club aren't pretending everything is hunky dory like that idiot kept pretending.

He had the cup runs but I genuinely couldn't ever see things getting better long-term, I was convinced he'd turn us into the next Wigan. Least with this season there's the hope this just a case of waiting for it to be over and we can go again next time with another manager because Allardyce surely isn't staying on.

Status
Not open for further replies.