"Is David Moyes Really As Good As People Make Out?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
lad dont tell me about barkley ive been banging on about the kid for over 18months ,stevie fuken wonder can see the kid needs to be playing center mid ,de know were osman was supposed to be playing on saturday, were sean fuken derry never gave him a kick ,the kids wants the ball all the time and can use it, derry would not of got near him .just 1 last thing about moyes the kid should of been brought off with 25 to go sat cause he was dead on his feet ,but the great moyes does not see it

Barkley was bunched alright, but still looked threatening.

Im not saying Moyes got it all right on saturday, i just dont think we should be calling for his head.

That is good line-up - I really like it, ball-winners behind ball-players, wing-backs that can add width and a striker that can create things on his own, the only problem is that Saha will only be fit for 10 games or so.

I think most would go with that but your forgetting Moyes first name he puts on the team sheet every week, a certain captain who's just signed a two year deal , there's no way he'll be left out

I never said we lost this week because of money. Im saying i dont think people wanting Moyes out is unjustified.
I dont see moyes skulking about either, its every pundit every week thats saying what he is working with is a hard situation.
Arry brought in players and has spent millions to pick spurs up off there arse since he took over. Moyes cant do that.

You obvoiusly didn't see his kipper much this pre-season then Mick?

Moyes also spent Millions and brought players in though granted not as much as some, The facts are that he's got us finishing exactly where we probably should forn the past few seasons. If were only gonna finish 7th-8th then lets at least get there playing a bit of football. Theres so many who don't look forward to going the match myself included

I think most would go with that but your forgetting Moyes first name he puts on the team sheet every week, a certain captain who's just signed a two year deal , there's no way he'll be left out

So true. We should have sold him to Spurs, that would force Moyes into rethinking ... no wait ... he does not do that.

Did someone say Redknapp hasnt spent a bean? Thats strange I could have sworn he's been spunking cash ever since he went to Spurs. Moyes is still the man for the job and I havent seen any viable alternatives. They are his players, he knows them and I back him even if I dont always agree with his tactics.

Felliani
Saha
Baines
Distin
Jag
Barkley
Rodwell
Coleman
Arteta

I look at those names and cant help but think that another manager with fresh ideas and a more attacking mentality could have us playing some better football

We are stale we go forward at a snails pace and seem to have no motovation to win the ball back

I have no doubt we will start performing alot better as the season goes on but by that time it will be to late again and come the end of the season we will be on here saying if we can take this form into next season we could challange for 4th

I agree with frank drebin.

Any suggestions who would be better?
Lots of people saying there loads to do a better job lets hear them.

1. That could do a better job.
2. Do it without spending.
3. As big a name as the club deserves.
4. Im sure there are more but im eating my dinner.

Felliani
Saha
Baines
Distin
Jag
Barkley
Rodwell
Coleman
Arteta

I look at those names and cant help but think that another manager with fresh ideas and a more attacking mentality could have us playing some better football

We are stale we go forward at a snails pace and seem to have no motovation to win the ball back

I have no doubt we will start performing alot better as the season goes on but by that time it will be to late again and come the end of the season we will be on here saying if we can take this form into next season we could challange for 4th

The performance saturday was abysmal. But it isnt how we normally play. We will play better.

I agree with frank drebin.

Any suggestions who would be better?
Lots of people saying there loads to do a better job lets hear them.

1. That could do a better job.
2. Do it without spending.
3. As big a name as the club deserves.
4. Im sure there are more but im eating my dinner.

I've has this before with others on here.

To think that no other manager in all of world football could of done what Moyes has done given the exact same opportunities is very very naive.

If Moyes had been at pretty much every other club in the Prem League he very well may of been sacked after we finished 17th. Or 2 years later when we finished 11th.

But he wasn't, he was allowed to do his job and he done it well.

Yet if he had been sacked on one of those occasions its quite possible he may of never been given the chance to do what he did here subsequently and only thought of as an average manager who had 1 good season at Everton but failed to replicate that elsewhere.

You can then use the same what if scenarios for other managers who were sacked from their clubs without being given the same opportunities in the same ways that Moyes was here.

The performance saturday was abysmal. But it isnt how we normally play. We will play better.

How do we normally play? Other than lumping it to a loan striker, and trying to pick up the scraps, or looking for a freekick or a corner we don't seem to have any real pattern of play.

When we keep the ball on the deck, and pass the ball, we look a half decent side. Unfortunately this happens far too rarely, and is usually replaced with Howard, Hibbert, Neville or Jags launching it to our single forward hoping to win throw ins or freekicks further up the pitch.

Cheers Mick. I happen to believe in Moyes but even if I didnt who would take over a squad of players that he has built and do better? We arent exactly an attractive proposition, a new man would want to bring in his own men - not going to happen, no guarantee existing players will play for new manager and more to the point Moyes is on a hefty contract. We couldnt afford to sack him even if we wanted to.

Felliani
Saha
Baines
Distin
Jag
Barkley
Rodwell
Coleman
Arteta

Precisely this and hence there's no reason tp think that he's the sole saviour of Everton. The club can move on without him and do maybe better.

Moyes has my backing he's definately made some mistakes but he's also done some good things for this club he's bought crap players and good players.We know we can play good football,when it happens this season who knows we're just going to have to wait see.But if moyes went i think we'd be worse off he does'nt do too bad may as well give him the support i think he deserves.We've got ages to go yet so god only knows what everyone will be saying two months down the line but what the hell maybe another last day survival miracle win will be good for all of us...or maybe not..well probably not but lets see ay!!

Status
Not open for further replies.