"Is David Moyes Really As Good As People Make Out?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I think the minimum expectation at Everton is that we should qualify for Europe every season."

His argument falls down there. Why on earth should we qualify every season?

Interesting read though.

I must admit the years we have given Moyes alot of money are the years we have underachieved. The years when we have given him a decent budget of 8m or so are the years we have done well.

On the whole it's not a very good article but there are some valid points:

Moyes is also the 3rd highest paid manager in the Premier League and in 10 seasons delivered no honours!

Take into account his Everton record of winning under 50% of his games in charge what's all the fuss about? I think Moyes is very good motivating his side and can spot a bargain in the transfer market but his big money signings all flopped Wright, Beattie, Kroldrup, Van der Meyde, Davies, Bilyaletdinov to name just a few.

Tactically he is very consistent and you know what you're going to get every week but to me Moyes seems to concentrate more on not losing a game more than trying to win it!

That is not good enough for Everton FC we're better than that!

Do you actually think Manchester United fans would put up with a manager if they were 1-0 down and he took their only striker off?

This is not a 1 off either, West Ham away last season Everton actually started the game with no strikers with 2 of them sitting on the bench!

The big money signing one is a bit tosh, as the big money transfers that didn't work out in AJ and Beattie were sold for good amounts. And Fellaini -- our biggest ever buy -- was sensational business. Yakubu looked a bargain in his first season but the injury was unforeseen.

I'm a bit disappointed in the article to be honest. They've tarnished a few valid points with a lot of less credible ones.

I find it quite odd that an article mentioning Moyes' failings doesnt once mention Anichebe.

Basically Moyes has has flaws as do all managers but I think considering the situation has has done as good as he can. Its frustrating at times but I genuinely think we would be in deep trouble without him.

One thing he has brought back to the club is a bit of respect and pride.

On the whole it's not a very good article but there are some valid points:

The big money signing one is a bit tosh, as the big money transfers that didn't work out in AJ and Beattie were sold for good amounts. And Fellaini -- our biggest ever buy -- was sensational business. Yakubu looked a bargain in his first season but the injury was unforeseen.

I'm a bit disappointed in the article to be honest. They've tarnished a few valid points with a lot of less credible ones.

are we talking about the same player here ,he looks good in a poor team i give you that

YES HE IS!!!! I know its been said before but other teams like charlton in the past forgot how godd the manager was (curbishly) got rid and dropped look where they are now. The question should be, what could he do with money behind him.

Who else could we get in..
1. That would want to come in our current financial plight
2. Thats as good as moyes
3. That deserves a crack at such a big job and such big shoes to fill.

in all my years watching everton i have never hated a manager mike walker included, cause no manager the catt, howard ,walter,have thought they were bigger than the club,moyes does and whats he won fook all, its all about him

Status
Not open for further replies.