GrandOldTeam TV Interview with Jamie Carragher

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can see the fear in my eyes, can't you? Actually thought he was going to deck me. Wasn't even my idea, @GrandOldTeam made me do it.

lol

To be fair, you was meant to slowly build up to that one with these...

Frame with pic of Carragher as a child in EFC top
Frame with pic of Carragher with Lukaku in Everton gear
Frame with pic of Danny Simpson with the league trophy
Frame with pic of Neville brothers. https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C472NUnWcAA3qjl.jpg

Keyring was funny. Picture had me feeling so awkward

Thoroughly enjoyed that video though (both parts) so thanks @GrandOldTeam and @Adam-GOTTV

The bit about the derby mentality was surreal, perhaps one of the things I trust Koeman to change.

Any plans for any more videos like this in the future?

lol

To be fair, you was meant to slowly build up to that one with these...

Frame with pic of Carragher as a child in EFC top
Frame with pic of Carragher with Lukaku in Everton gear
Frame with pic of Danny Simpson with the league trophy
Frame with pic of Neville brothers. https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C472NUnWcAA3qjl.jpg

That's true. However, I didn't want to overload him with frames. Should of just left it with the Teddy and Redknapp keyring. lol

Hits the nail on the head with the players saying hello, if I was about to play in a derby I'd act like he goes on about. Psyching myself up all week

Can imagine Ossie going out like he's playing in the park with his mates

Good one @Adam-GOTTV lucky he didn't deck you though

Thanks mate. RE: Ossie, I'd like to do a follow up with him at some point and get his side to this. I think him and Carra had a bit of a spat the other week anyway so it'll be good.

Great work with this lads, for sure an interesting meeting. Fair play to Carra for finding the time for yas too.

Actually refreshing to hear him talk about our mentality in the derby. We've known it as fans for years, but to hear an ex-Red like him reinforce it should be as good a reason as any to change it asap.

Great to hear our players are star struck before a derby. Explains a lot.

Bottlers.
Went to a football diner years ago and ended up sitting next to Emlyn Hughes he said similar thing,they didn't go out thinking about the result,just by how many goals they'd win by.About time we got the mentality right.

Must admit I think the gerrard slip photo frame was a bit small time. Plenty of other opportunities to rub it in to the red side

Thanks everybody for your kind words, I really appreciate it. I get why some may not be happy with us chatting to an L'pool legend like Carra, but, as a human, I found him to be very pleasant and it was great that he gave us an hour. Not too many would.

For the record, I thought he was pretty balanced overall. I went in two footed with the #BANTZ because I'd assumed he'd be in full 'take the p**s' mode, but he wasn't.

Again, thanks for your support. Makes it all worthwhile. As said above, it's hard sometimes to juggle this with life, work, future wife etc but I love doing it so thank you. If you see me at the match come up and say hi and let's share a chang.

Run, run now and save yourself. Post pictures of her here before you run though please.

Thanks mate. RE: Ossie, I'd like to do a follow up with him at some point and get his side to this. I think him and Carra had a bit of a spat the other week anyway so it'll be good.

That'd be quite interesting that, but it does ring true about the players bottling the derbys. I'd be a mad man leading up to the whistle.

Did you chat with him after the interview or was it a case of stop recording and off

That'd be quite interesting that, but it does ring true about the players bottling the derbys. I'd be a mad man leading up to the whistle.

Did you chat with him after the interview or was it a case of stop recording and off

Yeah, had a little chat. Tbh, I actually apologised for the Gerrard thing and he said don't worry, but he's still really good mates with him and he knows how much it hurt him etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.