Homepage Update: In or Out? A Brief-ish rundown of the current squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
..the squad is a mess, some decent players but it’s still a mess. 5 players sounds about right but there’s a lot of churn required. Could take 3 good windows.
It is a mess because we have too many players, players deprived of any confidence and we play a game style which lacks identity. We finished 8th playing a boring and inept style.

Cant wait for the fume when our round 1 side against Wolves looks something like this:
upload_2018-5-19_14-27-23.png

And a bench which includes Keane, Baines, Vlasic, Kulivert, Niasse, Bolasie, Gueye.

It isn't even half as bad as what people are making it out to be. Although swapping Bolasie for someone who has two good knees would make it a whole lot better. Total net spend of 0 and a 4-0 win.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for putting it in red, couldn't figure out how to blue it til'after. Feel free to shoot me (in the kneecap), I once shot myself in the hand so kneecap is perfectly fine

Keep: Pickford, Schneiderlin (if fit), Baines*, Keane (far better without Chubby), Jagielka*, Walcott, Tosun, Gueye (if he wants to stay), Sigurdsson, Niasse, Coleman, Davies, Vlasic, DCL, Beni, Dowell, Lookman, Onyekuru (*not long term options), Klaassen (half a season to give him a chance (aka an "Oumar") - this is 1 keeper, 4 defenders 10 midfielders and 4 forwards and by-and-large a young squad. So - with the addition of a couple of players (and a couple of defenders coming through) - perhaps Ramiro, Kenny, Holgate to stay and make up the numbers.

Don't Mind Rooney (old). Macca (injured)

Don't Want Williams (overweight), Bolasie (we have better choices), Martina (nge), Browning (nge), Galloway (nge), Sandro, Stek - all generally not good enough for Everton.

Must Go (all wrong attitude) Robles (wants to go) Mirallas (must go), Besic (needs to go), Garbutt - certainly not good enough or fit enough or just rank bad influences).

Who's that DM?
Argentine u21 at Stuttgart. I couldn't think of any other DM who fits Marcel Brands' criteria. Young, plethora of talent and low risk. Would only cost around 15-20m.

We've had people theorizing Dembele, some hoping for Nzonzi and others assuming Silva's appointment may land us Doucoure. Just feel this as being a tad more realistic - ultimately we won't sign him just like we won't be signing the others aforementioned. But feel we are more likely to sign a young, cheap, little risk than a proven, old and expensive bloke who just let's us down anyways

What we really need is a midfield enforcer and more creativity. We need to a) Keep the ball and b) do something with it... that's it in a nutshell.

Status
Not open for further replies.