Imagine if Phil Neville was appointed Everton manager in the summer

Status
Not open for further replies.
A more interesting question given the (half) serious discussions on here over the summer would be where would be and what team would we have under the God that was Vitor Pereira?

Pereira's fit wife upfront
His arm band on the left
And his horse at the back.

i think we'd currently be calling for his head about now, amongst that mental 11th - 20th scrum where there's like 3 points between all the teams. Playing dire Moyes football because that's where he learnt it all from. I think he may have lost a couple of players too - Baines and Fellaini definitely (of course, as soon as the joint bid came in), and maybe Mirallas would have seen the lack of ambition and gone.

Na, we'd defo be top of the league and facing sunderland in the league cup final.

OP question is unanswerable.

On a related note however I think some of the stick Neville has gotten for being in Moyes' staff (while other ex-players have "less important" roles) is ridiculous. I've seen some complain that Scholes should have a bigger role because he was a better player. Many of the more successful coaches/managers were not the top players. Partly because the top players have too much money to worry about coaching; partly because an average talent who succeeds might know more about developing talent than those who can rely more on natural gifts.

Not black and white of course but his playing ability has nothing to do with coaching. I obviously wouldn't have wanted him as Everton manager but I could see him being a good defensive coach (granted he's not off to a fantastic start).

_58690326_neville.jpg

everton4.jpg

Personally think Phill Neville will end up a decent manager somewhere down the line. But he certainly wasn't right for us in the summer.

I think more of a question would be where would we be now and what would the squad look like had moyes remained?

On that question I think we would of been in a very similar league position with similar points but it wouldn't of been done with anywhere near the boss'ness it's been done this season.

There would of been no McCarthy, alcaraz, Kone or Delefoe but I do think he would of tried for lukaku and Barry. Barkley would of been a bit part starter/full time sub. Think he would of gone for McGeady possibly too!

I'd actually find it difficult to be an Evertonian if he were manager. I could comfortably cope with us being relegated to League Two and be a passionate Evertonian, but not if this goon was manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.