Imagine if Phil Neville was appointed Everton manager in the summer

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the video they have on the daily fail website from the article in which Roy Keane says he should have left
Yeah I have just seen it, what a scumball. Cant believe how he has stolen a living through his whole career. Unbelievable how he's got away with it this long.

Always thought he was a decent bloke. Limited, to say the least, football player. But his conduct since going to Utd on the coat tails of Moyes has totally reversed that view.

Karma will sort it.

Yeah I had no real opinion on him. Played for about 5 years past his sell by date, we played to his "strengths", which made sure he looked good and ensured his roots stayed at UTD as well as Goodison, safe to stay he knew exactly where he was headed.

Good riddance like.

Can't believe he captained our club on so many occasions, shows the position the club was in at the time. Moyes played a massive part by making us all believe we were over achieving and not allowing us to dream. Good riddance to the pair of them!

Kind of feels like Moyes buddied up with him and played him all the time as he always knew they'd help each other end up at the filthy mancs

So glad we did not chose Nevllie as our manager.

I was not 100% behind RM taking over as out Manager (leaked to many goals), but if you watch the highlights of the goals we scored this seaons and how we scored them it was just an amazing season. The passing to setup the goals was after 10+ passes at times.

Every person I know, that supports other teams, are saying we will not be as strong as we were this season (because of our loan players), just hope RM buys / gets quality backup players, so we can improve next season.

I was not 100% behind RM taking over as out Manager (leaked to many goals), but if you watch the highlights of the goals we scored this seaons and how we scored them it was just an amazing season. The passing to setup the goals was after 10+ passes at times.

Every person I know, that supports other teams, are saying we will not be as strong as we were this season (because of our loan players), just hope RM buys / gets quality backup players, so we can improve next season.

Aye but the same blerts saying that mate also consistently include Traore and Dele in the important loan players were losing like, not realising that they were bit part players and not really much of a factor at all

Can't believe he captained our club on so many occasions, shows the position the club was in at the time. Moyes played a massive part by making us all believe we were over achieving and not allowing us to dream. Good riddance to the pair of them!

Lets be honest.

We were over achieving under Moyes. He was an above average premier league manager who could out perform the likes of Steve Bruce and Tony Pulis on a regular basis with similar resources.

The lie was never that we were over achieving but that we couldn't do more.

Atletico, Dortmund and Montpellier are all proving that you don't have to settle for above average. You can bring in an actual elite manager who'd welcome the challenge of going toe to toe with the best from a disadvantaged position.

Now we, hopefully, have that elite manager. And, hopefully again, the sky is the limit.

I'd hoped, 5 years ago when I decided I had enough of Moyes shrewd but limited stewardship, that we could bring in an elite more ambitious manager then. We didn't, and I think that hurt us, but, tbf, it's possible there was none available. This summer it looks like there was one and we've been able to take that next step.

Bill got it right, is basically what this thread is saying. There was a lot of people who wanted us to play it safe and bring in a manager in the safety first percentage football moyes school and he didn't and while we haven't achieved much just yet, I do think it's a choice that will pay off hugely down the line.

Last edited:

Every person I know, that supports other teams, are hoping we will not be as strong as we were this season (because of our loan players), just hope RM buys / gets quality backup players, so we can improve next season.

Fixed! ;)

article-2631782-18E6F8A900000578-156_634x444.jpg

Lets be honest.

We were over achieving under Moyes. He was an above average premier league manager who could out perform the likes of Steve Bruce and Tony Pulis on a regular basis with similar resources.

The lie was never that we were over achieving but that we couldn't do more.

Atletico, Dortmund and Montpellier are all proving that you don't have to settle for above average. You can bring in an actual elite manager who'd welcome the challenge of going toe to toe with the best from a disadvantaged position.

Now we, hopefully, have that elite manager. And, hopefully again, the sky is the limit.

I'd hoped, 5 years ago when I decided I had enough of Moyes shrewd but limited stewardship, that we could bring in an elite more ambitious manager then. We didn't, and I think that hurt us, but, tbf, it's possible there was none available. This summer it looks like there was one and we've been able to take that next step.

Bill got it right, is basically what this thread is saying. There was a lot of people who wanted us to play it safe and bring in a manager in the safety first percentage football moyes school and he didn't and while we haven't achieved much just yet, I do think it's a choice that will pay off hugely down the line.

You're right. I was worried when Martinez was mooted for the job that we might ship 7, 8, 9 goals on a regular basis, like Wigan did, and I would have been quite happy with Neville to carry on what we were doing and not to drop away from our position at the head of the pack chasing (and just missing out on) Europe.

I still think that Neville will make an excellent coach one day but probably with younger players. It was a big leap to go from playing for Everton to coaching United. It baffles me a little bit why Moyes made the appointment rather than letting him learn his trade assisting with the reserves or academy side.

As for Keane's comments, Moyes is so dictatorial that if Phil had actually done any coaching he'd have quickly been put in his place. And if United have indicated that they want him to stay, it is where he calls home and it would be ridiculous to resign out of loyalty to Moyes. Isn't Chris Woods still there anyway? Maybe Davey gave them his blessing to stay on.

Credit to Bill. He's definitely picked the right man for the job and we have a new vision to follow now rather than trying to fulfill the design of a semi-successful manager with a rookie coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.