Idrissa Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.
His levels have dropped off from the brilliance we saw in the first half the season, the odd game aside he's looked mediocre for the past few months. Perhaps he just needs a rest, he's played so much football over the past year or so.

Personally, ef we dropped him for the final few games of the season to give a fit-again Besic a fair chance I wouldn't complain.

His levels have dropped off from the brilliance we saw in the first half the season, the odd game aside he's looked mediocre for the past few months. Perhaps he just needs a rest, he's played so much football over the past year or so.

Personally, ef we dropped him for the final few games of the season to give a fit-again Besic a fair chance I wouldn't complain.

Not the worst idea to be honest.

Have him on the bench if Besic keels over.

I dont think he has been so good since he came back from the AFCON, still be great thou and had a fantastic season, could be wrong but im sure he has picked up a few needless yellow cards as well recently that he wasnt doing early season

Everyone's not taking into account how his role has changed since Schneiderlin has come in. He has been pushed up the field and asked to do more of the things that don't come, or seem not to, naturally to him.
Hmmmm so how do you explain his poor performance in the Derby when Schneirderlin was out ?

Could be tiredness setting in. He's played an awful lot this season and done alot of running.

True enough.

Big season for Gana come August.....I imagine as things stand now a resurgent Besic would challenge his place in the starting XI rather than Schneiderlin's or Davies's.

And that is before any incoming transfers this summer.

FFS he has been fine the past few weeks.

Maybe not quite as brilliant as earlier in the season but he has hardly been bad either. We obviously just have high expectations of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.