Idrissa Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.

what a buy this lad has been. Wasnt expecting much when we signed him but he's become such a vital part of our team, absolute bargain.

He just never gets tired, he's neat on the ball and the midfield of davies, schneiderlin and him together combine so well.

Literally our best player IMO, I'd HATE to play against him.

There are no stats for marginal gains, not that he needs any help with stats, but things like his persistent pressing and the psychological affect on the opposition are invaluable when we don't have the ball.

I've read criticism that his chasing down style means abandoning station, then just get someone else to step in to cover because I can't remember any player with the consistent attitude and application to do what he does every week for 90+ minutes.

Also a bit of kudos to Ron for not using him against WBA, matches against defensive teams should be used to give him a well earned rest.

I didn't see the game today but I have read a few comments saying Gana was brutal today. One poster speculating that his drastic drop in form is the result of him being 'tapped up'. I hope not, but he has got the hook a few times lately. He was dynamite pre ACON

Status
Not open for further replies.