Idrissa Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, I think knowing he has that cover from Schneiderlin really helps him. Both of them really feed off of eachother, because they know they have a very competent, talented, energetic player behind them it frees them up to go in for more tackles, and press forward a little more. Less thinking, more reacting. I think our midfield bossed the game today, until we got bored of it.

said the same during, they absolutely ran the show. Okay, it was against a leicester team who weren't particularly strong in that department, but all 3 of them cut out so many balls and if we lost it, they would win it back straight away at pace, and laid it off, and then a quick give and go and then fed to the attackers. It was a bit of a masterclass tbh and the form central midfield trio in the league right now you'd say. Davies was a bit tired near the end, but he put in another mammoth shift.

But yeah, leicester's game play was ball over the top on the counter, so we got that 2 goal cushion and just said, we're not going to give another chance to get back into the game so you try and play through us now.

Back to his best again today. So much energy and composure on the ball to go with it. Goes to show how god awful Villa were last season to have been so pathetic with a player like him in the team

See what you mean mate, however Kante is better going forward, that's about it.
How is Kante better than Gana? Serious question...
They are slightly different players but very similar. Gana is possibly slightly ahead when the opposition have the ball, but Kante is the better player with the ball at his feet. I would also say that Kante is more consistent if that is possible. I don't think I've seen him have an off game since he first signed for Leicester.

Bottom line is that we want Kante to grab all the headlines as it takes the spotlight off Gana.

Dovetails with Schneiderlin really well. Davies and Gueye pressing forwards with Schneiderlin orchestrating in between just works. Balance looked off when Koeman changed it v Spurs and neither looked comfortable.

Status
Not open for further replies.