Votes: 834 79.7%
  • No

Votes: 212 20.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm with you. I'm not sure that changes anything though
Well, the thrust of this thread seems to be to cast them/Gueye aside and not allow them or their beliefs back as they are not liberal.

Or we could accept that people and cultures are different, and engage with them and find a common ground.

I have not seen Gueye burning rainbow flags or calling for any harm to anyone, just refusing to wear a shirt that runs contrary to his belief system and home cultures expectations. The outrage on display here is misplaced, IMO.

Back to footy, he would 100% improve our midfield, no question about that.

if we are trying to lower the wage Bill though and Gueye would surely be on over a hundred grand a week won’t it land us right back in it

Is going to be ok without injuries aaaaand can be an integral part of avoiding another relegation battle.

Who gets screwed, and how?
Working class people.

Maybe he isn't the one sitting in Westminster making disastrous decisions re: monetary policy, but neither is Gueye stopping a gay man in the street and persecuting him. His crime was not wearing a T-shirt because it's against his religion, no one got "screwed" by him not wearing a shirt.

It's stupid that in 2022 people still think like he does but is it really relevant in a footballing context?

Working class people.

Maybe he isn't the one sitting in Westminster making disastrous decisions re: monetary policy, but neither is Gueye stopping a gay man in the street and persecuting him. His crime was not wearing a T-shirt because it's against his religion, no one got "screwed" by him not wearing a shirt.

It's stupid that in 2022 people still think like he does but is it really relevant in a footballing context?
If you scroll back a bit, I 100% agree with your position.

What you're quoting is a cheap throwaway double entendre joke. It wasn't meant to be taken this seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.