• Yes

Votes: 834 79.7%
  • No

Votes: 212 20.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you have gay mates, go out and ask them whether they are offended by Gueye’s refusal to wear a rainbow costume? If you have more than one gay friend, I think it’s likely that you may get a range of views because they don’t all think the same!

I went for a drink with a good lesbian friend last night, and I told her about this hoo-ha regarding Gueye. She laughed and said “I don’t think the gay community should be forcing their beliefs onto the Christian community”. She followed that by saying “I wouldn’t like it if they started asking me to wear clothes with crosses all over them. So leave them alone”.

I think she made a very good point. I mean, would you be okay with gays being forced to wear Christian clothing in Senegal?

This continued “rainbow costume” shout is properly grim

Didn’t massively rate him when he was here (still remember Coutinho waltzing past him at Anfield like he wasn’t even there and bending one in)

Since he’s left though it’s become absolutely apparent that we’ve not had a single competent holding midfielder since.

I’d really prefer to be going for someone else but if we can get him for a low fee and low wages and maybe shift Gomes and Davies out it might help rebalance the midfield a bit.

If you have more than one gay friend, I think it’s likely that you may get a range of views because they don’t all think the same!

for every angry top there is a passive bottom. lol

(I totally agree, have gay friends and even two friends who are a couple think differently on the thrusting to the fore of Pride day)

This continued “rainbow costume” shout is properly grim

I don’t think it is, because that’s what it is. That’s what people are being asked to wear. I’m sorry, but that is the demand being placed on people.

Would you be okay with gays being forced to wear Christian costumes in Senegal?

Don't get the big deal. If he doesn't want to wear something surely it's his business nobody else's. Whether you agree with his views or not is immaterial. I can't really ever understand this freedom of choice/expression or whatever but only if it's in line with my own beliefs.

And just for the record I love a big cock as much as the next man.

Sign him up the big homophobe

I don’t think it is, because that’s what it is. That’s what people are being asked to wear. I’m sorry, but that is the demand being placed on people.

Would you be okay with gays being forced to wear Christian costumes in Senegal?

Thats where it gets complex though, because we're an open tolerant society, and so we hold ourselfs to a (in our view) higher standard than, say, Dubai where you can't share a hotel room (technically) with your GF unless you pretend to be married (and if you get caught out, you're screwed in a different way).

So in Senegal you cannot be expressively homosexual, which is effectively wearing a costume.

But again, we as a society hold ourselfs to what we view to be a higher moral standard. (but obvisouly people in Senegal are holding their standard that they believe God to desire, so in their eyes we are the savages and they are observing the higher moral standard because its what a book tells them God wants.)

but on the other hand Gana does press the ball well and gets around the pitch with a lot of energy. lol

If you have gay mates, go out and ask them whether they are offended by Gueye’s refusal to wear a rainbow costume? If you have more than one gay friend, I think it’s likely that you may get a range of views because they don’t all think the same!

I went for a drink with a good lesbian friend last night, and I told her about this hoo-ha regarding Gueye. She laughed and said “I don’t think the gay community should be forcing their beliefs onto the Christian community”. She followed that by saying “I wouldn’t like it if they started asking me to wear clothes with crosses all over them. So leave them alone”.

I think she made a very good point. I mean, would you be okay with gays being forced to wear Christian clothing in Senegal?
False equivalence from your friend there

Thats where it gets complex though, because we're an open tolerant society, and so we hold ourselfs to a (in our view) higher standard than, say, Dubai where you can't share a hotel room (technically) with your GF unless you pretend to be married (and if you get caught out, you're screwed in a different way).

So in Senegal you cannot be expressively homosexual, which is effectively wearing a costume.

But again, we as a society hold ourselfs to what we view to be a higher moral standard. (but obvisouly people in Senegal are holding their standard that they believe God to desire, so in their eyes we are the savages and they are observing the higher moral standard because its what a book tells them God wants.)

but on the other hand Gana does press the ball well nad gets around the pitch with a lot of energy. lol

The answer is live and let live though, isn’t it. Not “Wear our clothes or suffer the consequences!”

It’s not a costume though. You’re using a symbol to belittle a minority. It’s pretty pathetic.

I don’t agree. It’s appropriate to use the term costume here, simply because the clothing doesn’t belong to the person that is being forced to wear it. The clothing belongs to another group with another belief system.

Wearing rainbow clothes doesn’t make an individual pro-LGB. Indeed, I imagine there will have been homophobic players that agreed to wear the costume just because they couldn’t be arsed with the consequences.

If you put a homophobe into a rainbow outfit then they are wearing a costume, sorry.

well considering Senegal is 95% Muslim I think forcing gay people there to wear Christian clothing is really asking for trouble

An opinion has never required remedial action. You are confusing 'opinion' with the religious beliefs of a person.
Remedial action comes about by overt bigots who are easily identified and should be avoided at all costs.

My sincere sympathies lie with your entire family as I do not understand, let alone condone, anybody who would carry out such a hate attack.
Fair play. I was referring to a post that specifically talked about an opinion but I really don't want to spend my afternoon with short messages on what is an extremely complex subject.

I appreciate your sympathies. Thank you. It was a tough time.

Status
Not open for further replies.