• Yes

Votes: 834 79.7%
  • No

Votes: 212 20.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
As dopey and backwards as his views are, I guarantee you there are loved players in our playing squad now or in the past who share the same if not even worse. Not just Muslim players but devout Christians too, it's not exclusive to Islam. If he can improve our midfield then his personal views are irrelevant in my eyes

Our manager who has massive backing from the fans is an openly proud Tory. What's the difference?

As dopey and backwards as his views are, I guarantee you there are loved players in our playing squad now or in the past who share the same if not even worse. Not just Muslim players but devout Christians too, it's not exclusive to Islam. If he can improve our midfield then his personal views are irrelevant in my eyes

Our manager who has massive backing from the fans is an openly proud Tory. What's the difference?
Anti vaxxers, wife beaters, drunk drivers, sex offenders

It’s not a costume though. You’re using a symbol to belittle a minority. It’s pretty pathetic.

I don't think an Irish lad should be forced to wear a poppy, someone from a country where something is strictly illegal shouldn't be forced to wear a symbol showing defacto support from him for the opposite, a Russian player/or any shouldn't for example have to wear a symbol or publicly come out supporting Ukraine.

Keep politics outta sport, keep sports people as what they are, good at a game not some enlightened founts of knowledge to inform the plebs.

If they start piping up in public by all means slate them for whatever but until then it's actually just there opinion which kept to themselves is their right.

Having met a fair few in the boozers over the years I can one million percent say there was
Big nose, came from Bolton/Celtic springs to mind

Status
Not open for further replies.