2018/19 Idrissa Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a little read of a Villa forum last night, they seem to think they were covering ALL of Bolasies 70k a week, would be interested to see what %% we are paying on other players loans. I mean clearly we arent covering Sandros wages, but all the others might be.

What makes you think we aren’t covering some of Sandros wages mate?

I would have thought the higher the wage, the more desperation we had to find him a club, the more likely we would have been to supplement his wage to facilitate a deal.

Th
I think... and it's purely my opinion, that Gylfi is played in that 'second striker' role because he is so key to our press.

I also think that's a fair assessment. It does mean, though, that we rely on others to get the ball to him in the final third, and if that's not Gomes then it falls on Gana and we inevitably just go wide.

That's not an excuse for Gylfi to not play well or not be better when he does get the ball. But, he has his limitations in terms of he's not a player that can beat four men on the run from deep. He relies on quick passing and interchanges on the edge of the area.

But like you say, off the ball his movement is, from deep, very decent. He might not be the quickest but he's clever with his runs and finding those pockets of space.

If don't see why it couldn't be tried.

It would also probably mean Richarlison could play his natural 'wide forward' role in a proper front three - and it'd need to be a proper front three that stayed high up the pitch and all interchanged.

I've not seen much of Bernard so far that suggests he'd be better centrally. Honestly, I'd say of the two, Lookman would be more suited to it.
That was 'bed' to me last post, last night btw. Was charged up.after a few bottles of wines w friends.

losing gana who is number one in the league for tackles I believe , would be a kamikaze move.

people on here are saying the defence is good but it has no cover from the midfield.

lets take the leagues best tackler out of the equation and replace him with tom davies.

no joke, if you thought we might be in any sort of trouble now then it would be ten fold in a few weeks time.

what is going on at this club

Or we could take the leagues best tacklet and replace him with someone who dosent tackle as much because he knows how to hold his position and dosent wander off all the time

people rate him but think people can also see the sense of selling a 29 year old for a more all rounded player at a younger age

common sense really for a club wanting to go in the direction brands is saying

he certainly divides opinion, as do a lot of players who play his position, apparently tackling and breaking up play, reading interceptions is easy as that, it's why there are so many exceptional DMs. I have to be honest, I am a fan of Gana but I would take that money from PSG, problem is I cannot offer a name for a replacement of the same level who is available.

Status
Not open for further replies.