2018/19 Idrissa Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.

I was going to say you don’t know what you’ve got til it’s gone, but then I remembered I’ve read people comparing Gana to carsley on here in a negative way. Carsley was a very effective player for us. So is Gana.
I’d rather have Gueye than Carsley, never rated Carsley, Mooy gets around the pitch as much Gueye but links up better,
and is not afraid to have a shot on goal, usually on target. At Everton now it’s all about. value for money and getting a very good price for Gana, at his age and a good replacement is excellent value: football is all about opinions and I respect other fans opinions but I am still entitled to my own.

I’d rather have Gueye than Carsley, never rated Carsley, Mooy gets around the pitch as much Gueye but links up better,
and is not afraid to have a shot on goal, usually on target. At Everton now it’s all about. value for money and getting a very good price for Gana, at his age and a good replacement is excellent value: football is all about opinions and I respect other fans opinions but I am still entitled to my own.
Mooy just looks decent because he is surrounded by the worst squad the Premier League has ever seen.

A tiny fish in a puddle, if you will.

Mooy is only a year younger though.

He is somewhat decent but pretty average in my eyes.

No way are Everton swapping Gana for mooy, isn’t he about 28. I know that’s not old and everyone is obsessed with ages including me at times.

Brands isn’t wasting money on a average player like him, he will be mainly targeting younger players with potential.

What are mooys tackles and interception stats like? Compared to gana I mean.

Carsley was far more positionally disciplined than Gana.
I don't think he was. He was less mobile, and so less inclined to rove, and he played in a Moyes team which was very well drilled and in which each player was given specific instructions on what their job was. I know people go on about Gana not being positionally disciplined but I've seen no evidence that Silva is asking him to be. He's playing the role his manager asks him to as far as I can see, not the role you want him to.

Status
Not open for further replies.