2018/19 Idrissa Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.
All I'm saying is there are players that could step in. I like Gueye and he is currently the best partner for Gomes. However if we get decent money for him and we can use this to strengthen other areas I would consider. We might be weaker at 6 but we may then have a little more money to get a better 9 and our overall team is stronger.
They could definitely step in and we'd definitely be horrible. The drop off from Gana to those guys is massive. And I don't buy this pairing stuff - Gana was good with virtually everyone he played with. He's not been any better with Gomes, Gomes is just better than the other guys so the team is better.

All I'm saying is there are players that could step in. I like Gueye and he is currently the best partner for Gomes. However if we get decent money for him and we can use this to strengthen other areas I would consider. We might be weaker at 6 but we may then have a little more money to get a better 9 and our overall team is stronger.

Gana is crucial to the team. It will be be madness to sell. We need to build on the squad. The club can sell McCarthy, Schneiderlin and Besic etc.

SUPPOSEDLY this is the PSG equivalent of Jpyce
They have been linked with Kante fir a while, now he’s just signed a new deal, so maybe they have switched targets to a like for like player.

Will be interesting to see what Brands would do if a ridiculous offer came in.

Gana is crucial to the team. It will be be madness to sell. We need to build on the squad. The club can sell McCarthy, Schneiderlin and Besic etc.

As said above I'm not advocating his sale I just think it might be out our hands as we currently can't offer Champions League football. All my point is I believe it's a position we do have some back up. I think his age means he might want to go as it may be his last opportunity to play CL. Him leaving may mean tweaking the system which may improve us who knows hopefully it's just lazy journalism and he stays. I believe this is our best CM partnership since Reid and Bracewell but I'm also pragmatic!

As said above I'm not advocating his sale I just think it might be out our hands as we currently can't offer Champions League football. All my point is I believe it's a position we do have some back up. I think his age means he might want to go as it may be his last opportunity to play CL. Him leaving may mean tweaking the system which may improve us who knows hopefully it's just lazy journalism and he stays. I believe this is our best CM partnership since Reid and Bracewell but I'm also pragmatic!

He has played in the Champions League already with Lille.

Jesus Christ
I thought the same but didn’t want to say it
We have no one and I mean no one who is remotely at Gana level in the position he plays
That Wilfred Barrios lad from South America is aayer who’s been mentioned on here who could possibly replace him but doesn’t seem to cover as much ground
Since Kante moved further forward there is no one in the PL who comes close to Gana in terms of tackles and possession won
I read somewhere he’s the top of the stats in Europe for some of those things

If they did come in and pay stupid money for him, then I'd want Ndidi in as his replacement. Brilliant player with his best years ahead of him. But I don't think Gana would push for a move tbh.

If they did come in and pay stupid money for him, then I'd want Ndidi in as his replacement. Brilliant player with his best years ahead of him. But I don't think Gana would push for a move tbh.
If we sold Gana for a high fee Leicester would bend us over on the fee for Ndidi
If and I say if the move happens I’d say Brands has a replacement in mind from overseas

I highly doubt we would unless we go and get a player who fits the same mould and, just as it proved with Kante leaving Leicester, that's easier said than done.

It's pie in the sky from one random Tweet/article. There'll be nowt in it.

But as ever, it's all going quite well atm, so we might as well talk about selling one of our best players who happens to be tied down to a long contract.

Point taken, but interest - whether it is as reported or elsewhere - wouldn’t come as a surprise given his abilities in what is often a difficult position to fill.

I’m sure you know as well as anyone that, other than being useful leverage in fee negotiations, contracts don’t usually mean an enormous amount if the player wants to leave. Realistically, I’d imagine the lad would want a crack at some silverware before he rides off into the sunset, before no doubt tackling the sun.

Big fan of Gana but if we get a silly offer we should take it. His effectiveness is so dependant on fitness which in the medium term will possibly diminish so i wouldn't be trying to move him on but no huge drama either way. No need to get too bogged down looking for a carbon copy to replace him as i could see a slight tweek in the midfield structure with another powerful but more technical player brought in which i suspect was Silvas original plan, really think he was pleasantly surprised by Gana and rightly decided to fight more important fires in our squad for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.