2018/19 Idrissa Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hes 30 next season - highly doubt they'll be in for him.

Good teams don't not buy someone because they turn 30 in a years' time.

But, he won't be leaving regardless (and I don't think they'll be in for him, he doesn't really fit the type of player Tuchel has ever had in there).

I absolutely love this guy, but I’d defo take a big money offer for him.

Bottom line is, clubs like PSG being interested in your players - especially ones that cost us £7m - is a sign we’re doing something right. I trust Brands and Silva to put the profits to good use and replace him.

As the great Ted DiBiase always said, “everyone’s got a price.”

I highly doubt we would unless we go and get a player who fits the same mould and, just as it proved with Kante leaving Leicester, that's easier said than done.

It's pie in the sky from one random Tweet/article. There'll be nowt in it.

But as ever, it's all going quite well atm, so we might as well talk about selling one of our best players who happens to be tied down to a long contract.

Literally one tweet in French from a random PSG fan account and we have people saying 'sell him, Schneiderlin can do a job / we have Baningime (5?? senior apps/McCarthy (no game in 10 months).

EVERTON FANS
The account reporting it is very reliable for PSG news

Literally one tweet in French from a random PSG fan account and we have people saying 'sell him, Schneiderlin can do a job / we have Baningime (5?? senior apps/McCarthy (no game in 10 months).

EVERTON FANS

All I'm saying is there are players that could step in. I like Gueye and he is currently the best partner for Gomes. However if we get decent money for him and we can use this to strengthen other areas I would consider. We might be weaker at 6 but we may then have a little more money to get a better 9 and our overall team is stronger.

All I'm saying is there are players that could step in. I like Gueye and he is currently the best partner for Gomes. However if we get decent money for him and we can use this to strengthen other areas I would consider. We might be weaker at 6 but we may then have a little more money to get a better 9 and our overall team is stronger.

There aren't though, because whenever Gueye is out of the side we all go 'we've really missed Gueye today'

Beni - unknown quantity, very young, no experience
McCarthy - maybe capable of playing a similar way but is not as good in the tackle and doesn't have the same energy to get about, fitness a worry
Schneiderlin - in no way could he fill in for Gueye and he wouldn't complement Gomes because they're both not exactly rapid and don't get about the pitch like Gana does

We also don't need money, if we want a player, we can afford them. It's whether they want to come to us, because realistically no £100m player will do. Selling your best midfielder - an integral part to how we play - doesn't change that.

Stop worrying about money mate , this Iranian & his mate have buckets full of the stuff.
If we want a "better 9" we will just go & buy one , it wont be dependent on other player sales.

Reactions: JLW
There aren't though, because whenever Gueye is out of the side we all go 'we've really missed Gueye today'

Non of them have played alongside Gomes yet. Schneiderlin didn't fit with either Gueye or Davies but in his 1st half season he worked well with Barry. It's all about blend. At one point Arteta and Fellaini were our 2 best midfielders but they didn't work together. Arteta was at his best with Phil Neville alongside him. The money would have to be good to consider selling him as he is one of my guarantees in the squad at the moment but I do believe it is one of our positions where we have some alternatives.

Non of them have played alongside Gomes yet. Schneiderlin didn't fit with either Gueye or Davies but in his 1st half season he worked well with Barry. It's all about blend. At one point Arteta and Fellaini were our 2 best midfielders but they didn't work together. Arteta was at his best with Phil Neville alongside him. The money would have to be good to consider selling him as he is one of my guarantees in the squad at the moment but I do believe it is one of our positions where we have some alternatives.

Alternatives but not ones that would suit the high-intensity game/style that Silva wants us to play - or at least not doing all of the work on their own.

Gana is crucial, when given the role that he's currently in. Use in him anything else, he's limited, heck - a bit like Chelsea are seeing with Kante, who is without doubt the best type of that defensive midfielder there is in world football.

There aren't many about, so why we'd readily advocate selling one is a mystery to me.

We don't need money, and if you're wanting to buy a striker, whats the point in weakening a crucial, strong part of the team to do so? It just cancels each other out, surely?

I know you're not saying you want him gone. I get that it's just that we have options there. But you don't sell your best option (unless you have to). We don't have to.

Alternatives but not ones that would suit the high-intensity game/style that Silva wants us to play - or at least not doing all of the work on their own.

Gana is crucial, when given the role that he's currently in. Use in him anything else, he's limited, heck - a bit like Chelsea are seeing with Kante, who is without doubt the best type of that defensive midfielder there is in world football.

There aren't many about, so why we'd readily advocate selling one is a mystery to me.

We don't need money, and if you're wanting to buy a striker, whats the point in weakening a crucial, strong part of the team to do so? It just cancels each other out, surely?

I know you're not saying you want him gone. I get that it's just that we have options there. But you don't sell your best option (unless you have to). We don't have to.

We might if it's true. PSG can offer CL football we are still at least 2 seasons away from being able to offer this. I know he's contracted and by all accounts a good egg but they might be his last chance. In 2 years time we might not even qualify then and he may not be 1st choice as we may have found someone else. I want him to stay but all I'm saying is we have better cover in that position than most. If Pickford left we hav no cover, Digne left we are back to Baines, Coleman it's Kenny.

Status
Not open for further replies.