Idrissa Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not good enough to play as the lone defensive midfielder and not good enough on the ball to accommdate alongside a natural 6. Not a bad player, but we need to do much better going forward. I see people saying he shouldn't be tasked with playing the ball forward effectively. It honestly baffles me. He's a central midfielder in the top flight who is an atrocious passer. It's not accepted at the teams above us so why here?

Never see why it has to be all or nothing, it’s a squad game and you need midfielders with different qualities in the Centre, we lack creativity, that’s a priority for me. But you need many central midfilders in my opinion.

I like Gueye, his performances have tapered off after his first six months here, I wouldn’t really be to concerned if he stayed or went. I think he has his creative and offensive transition limits though.

If it was a choice between him and McCarthy I’d go for McCarty to be honest as that type of mobile “legs” midfielder. NEA.

Last edited:

Bloody ridiculous if we get rid of him with all our shortcomings.
Possibly a second rate Kante , but good at what he does.
Get rid of dozens before him !
Is there really anyone on the squad besides Gana and Pickford that a “bigger side” would want to take away from us?

Lookman perhaps.

Easily our best midfielder. Im shocked we are keeping Morgan tbh Gana would have been much better suited alongside a Carvalho/Barry type midfielder with the ability to pick a pass from deep.

Schneirderlin's sideways passes do little to make up for his lack of pace/tackling.

I honestly dont see where he fits in a Silva team.

I mean hes a very good player, at what he does, which is to harry, tackle and get amongst it, but as you say, if Morgan is gonna be the 6, I dont see where he fits in.

If we need to press more, he’ll be needed. If it’s a game were we’re likely to be on the back foot. He’ll be needed. Silva should recognise it.

Status
Not open for further replies.