2022/23 Idrissa Gana Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if Gana will improve under Dyche
Under Lampard he tried to play far more football than he did under Silva and it’s not his strength.
Since coming back he’s still put in plenty of good tackles but his problem has been getting caught too far forward or getting caught in possession.
I reckon Dyche gets him to keep it simple and we see an improvement.
I'm hoping this is the case. Dyche seems much more a boss to play to players strengths rather than make them play a way they are uncomfortable with, and Gana's got a huge weakness when it comes to distribution. So hopefully he's instructed to win the ball and then get rid quickly and simply to Tarkowski for a hoof targeted long pass.

I'm hoping this is the case. Dyche seems much more a boss to play to players strengths rather than make them play a way they are uncomfortable with, and Gana's got a huge weakness when it comes to distribution. So hopefully he's instructed to win the ball and then get rid quickly and simply to Tarkowski for a hoof targeted long pass.
Same is true of doucoure, he suits a more direct style

giphy.gif

I thought he started the game a little slow, jumped missed out on a couple of challenges and committed himself a bit soon but grew into the game. We pressed as a unit but we did it intelligently, and it come off well. Particularly 1st half where we created some really good chance and should have went in ahead.

Played well in a balanced side with commitment..,,balanced side something Frank* could not choose ....
*refused

Instead of playing to the squads strengths like away at City, Frank had to change it up and prove himself some sort of genius mastermind. A stubborn stubborn man.

Status
Not open for further replies.