I dont know if anyone has mentioned it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, the link in my post above is from UEFA so I'll take that over a commentator.

You trust UEFA? I (very) briefly had bsuiness dealings with them and I can confirm that they will deny and/or lie about anything which puts them in anything remotely approaching a difficult position. And their staff will merrily admit as much - off the record of course..

Last edited:
We are in Europe next year whether we win the cup or not which we will anyway. Chelsea just has to remain in the top four thats all. So alls well in Blue land. I agree I'd like to see some youngsters start getting a run out every now and then. Love to see Baxter get stuck in and Rodwell and Gosling some experience.;)

.... and some no doubt didn't click on as I have reminded one or two.

But thats Europe assured as well.

Time to kick back and put the feet up.
Hope you're not serious? Still want a fifth place finish and the FA Cup brought to Goodison. Nice to have assurance about a European place for next season though. Now just lets finish this season in style.
COYB!!!

they won't allow the losers of a comp into uefa, as they wouldnt let the league cup losers in, it goes to league pos.

Reidy, in the past FA Cup runners up have always went in the UEFA cup if the winners are in the Champions League. There was suggestions this might change with the new format of the UEFA - but it looks like its remained the same.

Whichever way, it will go down to 7th, so we're guaranteed Europa next season.

Nobody seems to mention the old intertoto placing. As far as I'm aware, clubs that would formally have entered the competition now simply enter the Europa at the 1st round.

Effectively, it could be the top 8 that qualify.

I think we need to increase the gap from 7th by another 3 points, till i know we have got Europe in the bag. It could go wrong, anything can happen in Football.

Can't wait for the European tour next season mind, if we get it. Defo gonna go to them all.

There is 2 ways we qualify for Europe as afar as I am concerned.

1/ win the FA cup.

2/ finish 5th or higher in the PL.

That way we make sure and the higher we are in the PL the bigger the share of dosh.

I thought we had qualified yesterday and a look round most of the stuff i had a look at said any runners up would not qualify automaticly. Still not to sure though.

Still for us it's about money so we have to keep pace and overtake Villa for fifth to get a bigger payday. I for one can't wait for the final in a month.;) Europe is just icing on the cake.

Status
Not open for further replies.