Hummel

Status
Not open for further replies.
They wear New Balance now because it’s seen as a fashionable brand. I’m not just talking about kits, you see kids in trackies, coats, trainees, 1/4 zip tops, jumpers, training gear.. it’ll be the same if not worse with Nike.

How many kids do you see in Umbro Everton trackies around Liverpool? I’ve never seen any. Can’t imagine I’ll see any in Hummel gear. They’re not fashionable brands.

The clubs missing a trick, it’s proper short sited.

Wools.

They wear New Balance now because it’s seen as a fashionable brand. I’m not just talking about kits, you see kids in trackies, coats, trainees, 1/4 zip tops, jumpers, training gear.. it’ll be the same if not worse with Nike.

How many kids do you see in Umbro Everton trackies around Liverpool? I’ve never seen any. Can’t imagine I’ll see any in Hummel gear. They’re not fashionable brands.

The clubs missing a trick, it’s proper short sited.

I see a fair few to be honest?

You see loads of Liverpool merch because they are a weird cult who have to tell the whole world that they support the "best team in der werld" and chuck it on their ugly offspring as some kind of walking billboard. We are a bit different from them, always have been.

Hummel are in the same group as Le Coq for me. Never do loads of kits, pick and choose who they work with and generally come up with something iconic (or utterly mad...the home kit would probably be boss and the away would be historically bad).

Couldn’t be less bothered, seen it all come and go before, Umbro, LCS, Nike, Umbro, Hummel, will change again in a couple of years.

Only thing that matters is the money.

I work with kids mate, most of them wear New Balance gear, especially trainees. You notice anyone walking round in Hummel webs?

You generally cant get Hummel "webs" on the high street here. That's probably why.

Mainly need to import them. They don't have a large market presence here, they have never really tried to.

Can anyone explain where this rumour has actually come from? Heard it on the grapevine myself a few weeks ago, but no one seems to know how they know.

There is usually an original source or at least a "my mate works in . . ." load of nonsense to go with this kind of thing, but nothing this time. Nada.

It’s safe to say that this deal will also be terrible.

Just look at the teams they sponsor.

Who’s actually in charge of our deals like this? Kenwrights pocket rocket

So the RS get the biggest kit deal in the league and we are getting this which no doubt involves us getting half a curly wurly and a packet of hobnobs.

Meanwhile our owners are throwing out IOU's when negotiating transfers.

And people still believe Bramley Moore is happening.

57f9d871d414578b683454dd03ed28f5.jpg

You need to read it again with your sarcasm font on mate. Let me know if you need help finding it, and don’t forget to send me your bank details so I can send the dead Nigerian king’s fortune to you. With proof please!
boom boom ;)

I see a fair few to be honest?

You see loads of Liverpool merch because they are a weird cult who have to tell the whole world that they support the "best team in der werld" and chuck it on their ugly offspring as some kind of walking billboard. We are a bit different from them, always have been.

Hummel are in the same group as Le Coq for me. Never do loads of kits, pick and choose who they work with and generally come up with something iconic (or utterly mad...the home kit would probably be boss and the away would be historically bad).
I’m not doubting that the kit will be smart, they’ll probably do a decent job on it. Problem is fans will only buy the kit and not much else.

There was rumours last year that we were in talks with Under Armour, a brand like that gets fans buying the kit regardless of what it looks like, the trackies, training stuff and everything else on top. I see still more people now walking round in non-kit Nike Everton stuff than I do Umbro, and we binned them about 6 years ago.

It’s safe to say that this deal will also be terrible.

Just look at the teams they sponsor.

Who’s actually in charge of our deals like this? Kenwrights pocket rocket

It could maybe be better to be the biggest club on their portfolio rather than one of also rans for the likes of Nike? We would actually get a proper bespoke kit and not an identikit colour palette switch type of job that the bigger firms excel in.

You generally cant get Hummel "webs" on the high street here. That's probably why.

Mainly need to import them. They don't have a large market presence here, they have never really tried to.
I totally get what you’re saying, and on a personal level I couldn’t care less who our kit make or sponsor is, but...It does matter from a ‘brand’ perspective. If kids are looking at you getting beat 5-2 and then beat again by Liverpool’s kids, and seeing them win stuff when we’re not, the last thing they need is to have the piss taken out of them for the kit being embarrassing aswell. Encouraging a new generation of fans is both hugely important and incredibly difficult at the moment. If there’s any truth in this it will not help us one iota.

Status
Not open for further replies.