Hummel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bro I wasn't even born then or close to being. That's an awful kit! How you think that would be acceptable now worries me.

PA-355817.jpg

Nike, Adidas, Under Armour, New Balance - then pushing Puma and Umbro is what will get people buying our kit. It's crazy the middle aged are the ones saying they're not arsed about Hummel, but they're not the ones who will be wanting to wear an everton shirt playing 5 aside on the weekend.

People who support a club will but the shirt regardless of the make if its a decent kit. It's really not a big deal. The major demand is for the club not the supplier. It's a closed market as to who buys it. I don't get how people are not seeing this? Your market for an Everton shirt is small (relatively speaking) and loyal. That would only increase if we were to gain any long term success. The amount if people who buy another clubs football shirt who are not a big club because its nice is miniscule.

That's the Denmark away kit by the way, though it looks similar as they just reversed the colours. There was a spate of 80s shirts in the top flight who had a remake of that shirt, Coventry, Southampton, Aston Villa all had it.

Honestly who cares. As long as they pay us and they put out half decent kits. RS have new balance, the company that produces out old man shoes, and it hasn’t seem to hinder their performance.

Much bigger things to worry about than how pretty you’ll look when you buy a shirt. I’d much rather get some more FFP space wearing Hummel than lose to 16 year olds in Umbro.
New Balance do excellent shoes for running. All my running shoes for the past 20 years have either been New Balance of Asic. Just because they make the kit for *them* doesn't take away the fact they make good stuff.

It pretty much doesn't matter what the kit is like, it's the perception. As much as I wish the world didn't work that way.

Hummel to Nike is what Netto is to Marks & Spencers.

It's obviously not a big deal but it's still not a positive.

I think you are slightly wrong there.

Hummel is to Nike what an artisan delicatessen is to Marks & Spencer. Nobody knows much about the place but they do damned good high quality food.

Errea or Macron (who are improving to be fair) are your netto type brands.

New Balance do excellent shoes for running. All my running shoes for the past 20 years have either been New Balance of Asic. Just because they make the kit for *them* doesn't take away the fact they make good stuff.

NB and Asics are still proper sportswear makers, I think that's the difference. Your big brands are more about style over substance these days.

Get in the bin. No one and I mean absolutely no one would say they’ve seen decent Hummel stuff:

FYI have a look at what the rangers are selling them for. £65 a shirt wow.

The Denmark kit you hate is widely regarded as one of the best kits ever made, it's iconic.How much Hummel stuff have you actually seen?

£65 for a piece of art that you can wear, bargain.

Status
Not open for further replies.