How long has Rafael got left?

How long do you think Senor Benitez will be in the Everton hotseat?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The poll, like it or not, does make for interesting reading. As I type there's 135 participants and 60% think he's here for the season or longer.

Admittedly I'll never work for the office of national statistics and the questions are, well, y'know, but I think it's interesting a majority think he'll be around a while.

Promise not to do make any more duff polls for a while.

It's madness isn't it. You still need decent players to improve on the pitch, a new stadium won't change that. It will be nice and stuff and a welcome move from a dilapidated old lady but I'd prefer it if we had a decent winning side to move into it with.
revenue will go through the roof because of the new stadium. I was speaking to the commercial director on Friday night at the sleep over and he confirmed money rises massively because of the stadium

The days of him taking moral stands against clubs transfer policies has long passed.

At this point he’s well and truly on the gravy train - we all know it.
Utterly astonished at how a guy who, by all accounts, would have crawled over hot coals to get back to the Prem and finally live in the family home again gets put on £7/8m a year contract as one of the Prem's top earning manager. It should be half of that at absolute most. He either wants the job and he's committed, or he wants the best paycheck on offer. Whoever "negotiated" that deal (and I used that word very loosely) should be booted out along with whoever said "£35m? Iwobi? Bargain!" ?

the other 2 got well over a season, because they had good first seasons, you do realise that dont you?
They got good(ish) first seasons because they had a full compliment of players to draw on - those inherited and those brought in at great expense.

Your denial of the overall reality I've pointed out does you a disservice.

I hate this argument, they absolutely would - that's why they're the best managers in the world.

But, I know Everton aren't in the place to attract the best managers in the world so I accept that. I do think we could have attracted better than Benitez had we actually had some gumption and wanted to build for success, not just staying in the PL until the stadium arrives.
What manager would? Do you think the very best in the world could even get into the heads of serial losers like Holgate and Keane and Davies etc? And they'd throw themselves into the Mersey if they had to use this squad for more than one match.

Preposterous.

Look what Conte has just said about Spurs...and they have a better squad than us.

Just accept the points I made. They are incontrovertible.

Last edited:
I’m baffled by a lot of comments whenever BMD is mentioned, as if just getting a new stadium is going to magically transform us into world beaters. It’s as if some on here think this is a given.
Of course it won’t, a number of other things will need to happen, but it will make a big difference

The poll, like it or not, does make for interesting reading. As I type there's 135 participants and 60% think he's here for the season or longer.

Admittedly I'll never work for the office of national statistics and the questions are, well, y'know, but I think it's interesting a majority think he'll be around a while.

Promise not to do make any more duff polls for a while.
Whether people think he should be in the job or. Not. What good will sacking another manger do. I even think getting rid at the end of the season, would be a bad thing. It will give these waste of space players another season at the club. Unless of course Moshiri gives the reigns to brands

What manager would? Do you think the very best in the world could even get into the heads of serial losers like Holgate and Keane and Davies etc? And they'd throw themselves into the Mersey if they had to use this squad for more than one match.

Preposterous.

Look what Conte has just said about Spurs...and they have a better squad than us.

Just accept the points I made. They are incontrovertible.

You and a few others are saying we're desperately short because 'serial losers' Holgate and Davies are missing.

The absolute best managers in the world would not go on runs of 1 win in 9. I am not saying they would suddenly have this squad playing the best footy anyone has ever seen.

Cant afford to be paying off another manager, as we are still paying Koeman and The Gravy Train
The ones who want the current Everton manager to fail won’t take this into account mate.

I can’t understand why a select few people want the current Everton manager to do badly because of a past allegiance - if he does well, we do well and I’d take that.

There’s no point reasoning with some people, they just won’t have it.

Whoever the Everton manager is, some people will want him to get the sack anyway, regardless.

There’s no man on the planet who pleases everyone.

You hate this argument because it’s logical and it undoes everything you’re saying and it’s why this thread is going round in circles.
Give it another half dozen games and if we have lost all of them and getting spanked then I think you’ll find almost everyone will be in agreement with you.- Even if there are still valid reasons something at some point will need to be done.

Not at all. I just don't agree with it. Good managers instil style and system in place.

Maybe Benitez is trying to do that - but the early signs show the one he was trying to build was very, very flakey.

I know it should improve when the injured players come back. It's still no excuse for 1 win in 9.

Of course I have no say in how Everton are run, but I wouldn't have picked Benitez because he's just not very good anymore. Now, he's here so he's going to have to get time but another half-dozen games isn't even Xmas. Let's hope we get three points v Brentford because we're going to be in real need of them.

The ones who want the current Everton manager to fail won’t take this into account mate.

I can’t understand why a select few people want the current Everton manager to do badly because of a past allegiance - if he does well, we do well and I’d take that.

There’s no point reasoning with some people, they just won’t have it.

Whoever the Everton manager is, some people will want him to get the sack anyway, regardless.

There’s no man on the planet who pleases everyone.

I don't want Benitez to do badly at all. I couldn't care about the Liverpool connection. I hate Klopp but I'd have him as manager in a heartbeat, same with Rodgers.

I just don't think Benitez is very good or has been good at all for about 5-10 years. I think his footy is outdated and I don't think he's what Everton needed.

But that doesn't mean I want him to fail? Why would I want Everton to lose games? I am frustrated because as it stands he is failing because Everton are losing games and my fears I had when he was appointed seem to have come to fruition already.

Status
Not open for further replies.