How long has Rafael got left?

How long do you think Senor Benitez will be in the Everton hotseat?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does manager salary count for FFP? If not frankly who cares how many managers we go through? It's not like we're wedded to any of them, especially not this guy!

can you just say one more time for me, 'being a favourite with the bookies means nothing'?, which was my original point of contention with you.

My original statement was 'it means quite a lot' which it does, statistically.

The only person here wriggling is in fact you.
Do you really really want me to go there with this
Because I know the answer and I know I am correct
There are aspects of formal logic and mathematics a lot of which I understand and can even explain to university students … which I do … so if you want me to I will … but I doubt you will listen even if I spell out the facts for you

Last edited:
Do you think it would be different for Koeman , Silva or any other manager ?
Yes I do think in the main it would be different because there are more this time around that were waiting eagerly for it to go wrong.
Circumstances are different now so any other manager right now would be getting more support.
That said whichever stance we have right now we probably all knew this was the risk of making a controversial appointment as soon as he was up against it he’d have 0 credits with many.

Do you really really want me to go there with this
Because I know the answer and I know I am correct
There are aspects of formal logic and mathematics not of which I understand and can even explain to university students … which I do … so if you want me to I will … but I doubt you will listen even if I spell out the facts for you
you've embarassed yourself enough here, so I will let you off - good bye.

….getting away from the personality involved, the reality is that our team is on a run of results that will often result in a Manager getting the sack. Forget it’s Benitez, this is a situation where anybody in charge would be challenged.

i do think Moshiri will be extremely reluctant to pull the trigger but regardless of injuries to key players, Benitez has to put some points on the board by the end of the year or the pressure will intensify.

Frankly unless results for us and others go really badly for us through December, we should avoid being sucked into a relegation spot. In which case I think Moshiri gives him to season's end. So what happens then? Moshiri wont sack him during the close season because his asset is no longer in danger. I would predict he goes around this time next year when we are in the same or worse position having sold a couple of our better players and brought some Benitez hires in over the summer.
This is all on the Board to be honest. They hired a very divisive manager knowing the fans would have little patience for a protracted bad spell. I really feel any other manager would have more sympathy from the fanbase for the run of injuries timed with the fixture list.
That said I don't think the Board and the Mosh think the same way as we do, otherwise they never would have hired the FSW in the first place. Thinking the way they do he is as likely to keep us up as anyone else and the summer is a reset.

Yes I do think in the main it would be different because there are more this time around that were waiting eagerly for it to go wrong.
Circumstances are different now so any other manager right now would be getting more support.
That said whichever stance we have right now we probably all knew this was the risk of making a controversial appointment as soon as he was up against it he’d have 0 credits with many.
Which is exactly why he should never have been appointed

It doesn`t make sense to can the manager while there is so much rubbish/tripe/crap/cowards/mentally weak/whatever I`ve missed, in the squad. As much as I didn`t/don`t want him. I`ve not seen anything from RB that no other manager could have brought, in all games we have played as expected and lost games when we have injuries as expected.

The sign of a good manager is playing better or getting better results above the ability of the players you have available. He just hasn`t done this....

I would love us to have a young energetic manager with a successful high press philosophy but who else is there realistically? Looks like we are stuck with him for now....

It will be interesting to see how Ranhnick and Eddie Howe goes.... Will our board be interested to see how Eddie Howe performs at Newcastle, no doubt they will be aiming much higher than Howe but he may be "our level".

Last edited:
Top class work here @Daveysgingerlovechild .? This thread has really rattled the cages, of the kopite/geordie pro Benitez muppets.?
Honestly was not my intention.

It's odd as well. The poll indicates most think he'll be here a while. The other poll I started not so long back also indicated a significant portion of Blues do not think sacking Benitez will improve our lot drastically.

It's not like the results are undermining their arguments.

Anyway, I'm going cold turkey. No more polls for me. I realise I have a problem and I am seeking professional help from the good people of the bomb shelter. Its sort of like GOT's version of sporting chance ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.